Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone user/recommend best for cleaning their shotgun bores? I regularly use G96 nitro solvent to eat out the plastic, then follow up with the G96 gun treatment.

Just a question to see what is most widely used and most successful..Thanks!

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Around every 600-1000 rounds I use a bore brush with SS scouring pad (cut into strips) wrapped around it and some PB Blaster sprayed in the barrels. Hooked up in a cordless drill the bores look like mirrors when finished. In between the scourings and in between events I run a bore snake a couple of times through the barrels. Might be overkill to most but hey its my gun and I'll treat it like I want to. lol

Bill

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Homemade "Ed's Red Solvent" from the recipe the guys/gals provided to me here. Eats the plastic, used grease and powder out of the barrel and action with no trouble.

Matt

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Depending on my mood, either Ed's Red that I mixed myself or Clenzoil. Once the gallon of Ed's Red is gone, I think I'll stick with Clenzoil for all my guns. Good stuff.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Same as AESTBOSS-Ed's Red from Brownells. Previous posts on this site recommended Ed's Red for getting the plastic out, but I wasn't going to mix that nasty stuff myself.Tried Brownells for the last cleaning and it left the bore squeaky clean.

Finally, problem solved.

Ned

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.