Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is in the right place for this thread. Anyone have a QUICK and EASY method for cleaning the barrel on a 391. Meaning the recoil lug interior assembly. I've tried putting a brass bore brush in a 3/8" drill and going over/under/around the parts, soaking the parts in Hoppes #9 over nite (or longer), scraping with a dental pick, and just about everything else short of sulphuric acid. It's a PITA.

I'll admit I don't perform the cleaning operation as often as it should be done (meaning after every time I shoot it) - but cleaning my guns has never been one of my favorite tasks and the 391 makes it even more unpleasant. Because I wait until the gun won't cycle, it just makes the task that much more difficult.

I also don't know how to pull the trigger group and internal parts out of the receiver. Any one know of a YouTube video or other "how to" I can take a look at.

·
Premium Member
4,335 Posts
i use a spray of PB Blaster. It actually removes the binder that the carbon sticks to the metal with and you can scape the carbon out easily. soak it overnight. works great. motordoc

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
If the carbon buildup is hard, you'll need a sharp knife to scrape it off. If you keep a coating of BreakFree CLP on the parts in the interior of your gun, it is easy to clean with a rag amd a scrubbing pad.

The 391 needs to be cleaned so infrequently it's no more trouble than an over/under.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.