Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Beretta 3901 for several years now. It sat in my safe for several years when I moved away from shooting. Now that I'm getting back into it I want to give all my guns a thorough cleaning. The problem is I can't find my owner's manual so I don't know how to take it apart to clean it.

Can someone please tell me how to take it apart or point me in the right direction to find the manual on-line?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Remove the forearm cap and then slide the forearm off. Pull the barrel off and you will find the gas piston and it slides on the piston stem. Both of those two items need to be clean. I used steel wool on the stem and I use a pats cleaner to soak the piston in over night. Once clean re-install them using NO oil or lube of any kind. You can remove the trigger group by punching out the trigger pin with a small punch and a light tap with a hammer. Does not require much. Then while pushing the bolt release button slide the carrier forward into the mag tube and the trigger will drop out. It can be cleaned with brake cleaner and an air hose. Use a good oil like Breakfree CLP and re-install it. Also keep the bolt area well lubed with the CLP oil and the gun will run like a sewing machine for years. You can clean almost any part of the gun but these two areas are the most problematic. Do a google search as a guy has a great video showing how to do it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts