Trapshooters Forum banner

Claybuster woes...

6607 Views 52 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Jmreiser
Bout had it with them. Unreturned calls, unanswered emails. I know this is costing me targets! Talk about crap quality control! Sometimes the little hair-like stringy thing is so long it'll be in two shells!

Unacceptable.

Reactions: doberman37
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the 2118 wads and yes I get the little hairs too. By the time I box them up they are gone. BTW the gold shell and the one by your thumb are about worn out :rolleyes:
There's still a few more rounds left in em. Besides, if I throw it away I'd have to tap into the 5k once fired stash. Times are tough!

· Registered
2,767 Posts
I know this is costing me targets!
Just remember everything is, but yourself to blame.

If the shot is not falling out, they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Reactions: Cowboy Rick

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just remember everything is, but yourself to blame.

If the shot is not falling out, they are doing what they are supposed to do.
Nope, this is 100% on the wad (the plastic one, not me). You can see it under the lights, the little stringy thing is acting like a tail on a kite and causing it to go off course. Has my shot string all messed up.

· Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Bout had it with them. Unreturned calls, unanswered emails. I know this is costing me targets! Talk about crap quality control! Sometimes the little hair-like stringy thing is so long it'll be in two shells!

Unacceptable.

View attachment 1746622
Thoughts:

They save the hair wads for people that load on Mecs and/or people that use a WAA12 clone in an STS hull.

Besides, if it was really bothersome there is nothing that prevents you from taking a pair of cuticle scissors and giving them a trim. Heck some folks say they wash their hulls, looks like you could give yours a haircut 🤪

Final thought: half quart of good bourbon prior to a loading session will make those hairs less aggravating 🤔

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Nope, this is 100% on the wad (the plastic one, not me). You can see it under the lights, the little stringy thing is acting like a tail on a kite and causing it to go off course. Has my shot string all messed up.
Naw, the tail adds stability to the kite! So if anything, your loads are more stable than other shooters, so you should be shooting better than them!!

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Naw, the tail adds stability to the kite! So if anything, your loads are more stable than other shooters, so you should be shooting better than them!!
Oh c'mon now, with proper follow through I can spread that shot string out and still catch the target on a sloppy shot. The stringy tail on my wad prevents that. You must not shoot registered much or you'd know that 😉

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.