Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a "long shot," but I am going to be spending some time in the lower keys this winter and was wondering if anyone knows of any clay target facilities. There used to be a skeet club at the Boca Chica NAS, but it has apparently closed, and the usual web sights do not list anything. Thought it couldn't hurt to ask in case I may have missed something.
Best Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Doc

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
The club in Miami is closed according to a friend that lives in Marathon...apparently no one wants to run it???

I do a lot of fishing in the Keys...Marathon & south...and there is no shooting anywhere close.

In the Keys...you either fish & drink or...drink & fish!!

Curt

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Markham will be open for shooting on a limited schedule from Dec 9th thru March due to a major land reclamation project. All ATA and NSSA events have been suspended until April.

Eric

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Curt,

Last time I stated with my buddy in Tavernier, FL in the Keys, we drank and drank. No fishing. I had to come home to sober up. Those folks in the Keys know how to party.

And blade, yes the sunsets in the Keys are a must see.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
The Keys are a favorite of mine. The wind sometimes reminds me of Wyoming but the fishing is great and the people are some of the friendliest around. You may have to shoot your way out of the south side of Miami but otherwise no shooting facilities exist that I know of. It would be fun with a hand trap out of a boat with 10 foot seas though. Enjoy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,
That is pretty much what I thought, so then I guess it is fishing and the "other kind of shots." Thanks for the responses and enjoy the rest of the Thanksgiving weekend.Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts