Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to some photos I took this weekend at Al Thandiwe Shooting Club. Enjoy.

The Saturday scores were abysmal, save for a couple respectable scores. The wind was very gusty. I shot poorly, but had a good time anyway.

CTSASA Chairmans Cup 2015 | Facebook

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, it is a South African dish called "poikie." A lot like a stew, cooked in a cast iron covered pot, sitting on hot coals. I'm no cook, but I'm told there is a timing to when you put in the onions, other vegetables, and the meat. Really good stuff. Chicken or beef, or just about any meat can be made into poikie.

The Magic of Pot Food 'Potjiekos' in South Africa

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Looks like a great shoot, my only question is, what's that cooking in the pot?

Ed Yanchok
Might have been the shooter with the lowest score, kinda like DEAD last and finished.

Reactions: timb99

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL hotwater.

Actually, that whole thing is a myth.

But whatever direction they were spinning this weekend, I was having a heck of a time hitting them.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Hey Tim, lets do an experiment, fill up a wash basin and pull the plug. Please report back if the swirl is clockwise or counter clockwise.

Jason

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Always great to see your pictures from all over Africa--- Tim. Better Luck on the next one. That cast iron pot dish looks a lot like our pot roast type dinners. First the meat and water, then the other items at different times so they are all fully cooked at the same time. Dang, now I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Break em all. Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Tim, lets do an experiment, fill up a wash basin and pull the plug. Please report back if the swirl is clockwise or counter clockwise.

Jason
Jason,

I have plenty of sinks in my house. Some spin one way. Some spin the other way. Trust me, I've checked, LOL.

The old wives' tale is a myth.

Tim

Reactions: waverider

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Tim,

Thanks for the response. I really thought that it was a fact due to the rotation of the earth, the swirl would be counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern.

Looks like I may need to pay closer attention. It is interesting that you have seen the water spin both ways.

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Tim. Thanks a bunch for bringing interesting and fun topics to this forum!! Really great to see them for a welcome change. Regards, Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts