Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread someone had mentioned a recent Andy Griffith episode which portrayed Skeet Shooting - I hadn't seen a thread such as this in some time. Have any favorite movies which depict Skeet or Trap - I'll start off the discussion...

The Green Berets - John Wayne & General Westmoreland call "pull" a few times and shoot some clay birds...

Jay

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have you ever seen Bourges Meridth ( NEED SPELL CHECK) when he was being trained to be a Aerial Machine Gunner? They had him hitting Clays from a moving Duce $ a Half with a Mod 12. I think Dane Clark was also in the movie?

Chazz

·
Registered
142 Posts
James Bond movie ( I forget which one) where he shoots from the hip and breaks the bird and states "Hmm, I guess it's not that difficult after all" (or something like that).

Hawk,

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
"Dr. T and the Women" with Richard Gere. A VERY bad movie about a wealthy obstetrician (chick flick my wife wanted to see.) There is a scene where he and his buddies are out hitting golf balls, then trying to hit the golf balls with shotguns.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The Burgess Merideth movie was historicly correct that is how arial gunners in each service where trained. They say if you look at arial photos of Yuma AZ you can find the training range that had the track and towers.

Ronbo

·
Registered
505 Posts
you wn't believe this but in the animated film from Disney "Hercules" James Woods' charaerter Hades is blowing off steam by trap shooting...you see himstanding on the side of a cliff and he yells "pull" and one of his little henchmen throws a "Hercules" plate in the air and he shoots it....pretty cool...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I met Bob Stack in 1998 at the Pachmyer Shooting Complex (Now Trible B) he was out shooting skeet with a friend. Bob was the 20 GA World Champion in the late 30's and is a member of the NSSA HOF. A great american!

ronbo

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
the "Peasant Shooting" bit in History of the World Part 1 is at the top of my list.....but then I'm twisted and love "Monty Python" and "Fawlty Towers" too.

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hawk57:

Thunderball - I think they're shooting into the ocean, right?!

Jay

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody remember the excellent Who rockumentary "The Kids are Alright" from circa 1979? There is a scene where the late John Entwhistle (bass player) is seen walking thorugh his mansion collecting gold records off his walls. The next scene he is outside with a shotgun yelling "pull". A gold record would fly through the air and he would shatter it with a blast from his shotgun. As I rmemember, I think he missed the last one.

Cool scene, cool movie.

Grouper

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Spitter...

The John Wayne clip of him Skeet shooting was shot at Ft. Benning in 1967. The Col with him was the head of the AMU at that time not Westmorland. I have shot numerous time on this range and will be there next weeked for the Zone Trap Shoot. I have suggested on numerous occasions for shooters to l look at the backgroud in this clip. All the trees have grown up and you can no longer see the main post. Its would be far easier to see a target then as it is today.

Interesting comments from all.

TB

·
Registered
721 Posts
In the movie "What a girl wants" a young girl goes to England to meet her father. The Father's mother speaks to the girl while shooting birds being thrown from a manual floor thrower. The sad thing is that the Grandmother hits everything BUT the bird. I suppose this was an example of the upper class shooting for sport. It's a good chick flick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jay,
"Thunderball" with Sean Connery sounds about right. I kind of remember Rodger Moore doing a similar thing in another JB movie?

Hawk,

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Actually not a movie; but a few episodes on TV of Magnum P.I. showed Higgens busting a few targets on the Robin Masters estate. Did anyone ever find out who Robin Masters was. Was it Higgens?? Ed

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.