Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got ahold of some **Clay Dot (which I suppose was Alliant's answer to ** to Clays). Not my first choice in powder but lately I have been using whatever I can get my hands on! My question is how does it fall in the burn rate? I am assuming it is a fairly fast burner but have no experience with it.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
It is a direct substitution for Clays in 12b and 45 ACP. You will have zero problems if you simply follow Clays recipes.

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I couldn't find on the list either. I was assuming it was a lot like clays but, I never like to ASSUME anything when you are dealing with Gun Powder! I usually load on the mild side anyway but, I think you can take the old pilot saying and substitute Reloader. There may be old ones and bold ones but not many old/bold ones!:088:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Just found an 8# jug of Claydot, I'll use it for a mild 1 1/8 load
Rather have Greendot, but now a days you take what you find.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I really like Clay Dot. I was able to get some last year and was happy with it's performance. Surprisingly I've been able to come across a few 8 lbers over the last year so I grabbed them and I'm glad I did. Good stuff!

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Clay dot is NOT a direct substitute for clays. It is very similar but doesn't have some of the higher fps loads that Clays has.

Go to Alliant website and check their data for the components you are using!

I have used clay dot and it's no a bad powder but I still prefer Clays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts