Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot trap at the new Clark County Shooting Center in Las Vegas? What are your thoughts and comments?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Beautiful and first class, but a bit stark 'cause it is new and desert and no vegetaton yet. Friendly staff; I recall Mr. Levi (his first name, I forgot his last) being quite helpful and is also a shooter. This place is very well done.

I did not look at all of the venues there, just the trap and skeet area. Lots of RV parking close to the trap ranges. Impressive clubhouse/cafeteria. Another couple, come to think of it, are shooters, work there, and were winterbirding at the range "out of" their new RV and big red new Duramax. I had truck envy!

Only critiques that I could come up with: 1. Only one restroom with running water, i.e., plumbed. Down the very long line are portables only. Maybe that will change. 2. Locker/pro shop area seems small and possibly inadequate to accomidate all during a big shoot.

I suspect this new shooting park will and can only get better as facilities are completed, trees grow, and routines established. It is not complete; more is planned including more trapfields and an international bunker facility.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The fields are excellent with a very consistent background along the half mile of traps. While the cafe and patio seat close to two hundred they are scaled for week in-week out use. That is why we will be setting up a 4,000 sq ft Hospitality tent for our shoot. We will also have extra restrooms and handwashing stations available.

They have built one of the finest trapshooting facilities in the Country. However, it is now part of the Clark County Park District. It is critical that the facility becomes self supporting. It needs big shoots with both industry and shooter support. We are proud that we can offer a great opportunity to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.