Trapshooters Forum banner

Citori XT

1925 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Pull & Mark
I normally shoot my BT99-AR for protection shoots that my wife and I host every Thursday at our local club and it breaks the birds great as long as I do my part. I’m having the comb cut on it so tonight I broke out my Citori XT for the protector instead. This gun is normally my backup gun for everything and each time I use it I question why I shoot anything else. I was extremely surprised how hard it hammered the birds from the 27 and even back in the parking lot for the shoot offs. I am convinced that if there was ONE gun to have for everything that this would have to be it. I may have to put away my expensive guns for a bit and just use this for everything and see what happens.
Reactions: charleyj10
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Good choice. The quality of shotguns has improved considerably. Back in the day..I shot a Broadway very well but after moving to MT in '76 I gave up the trap game with all the hunting and fishing available, figuring why bother with TRAP. Well, gentlemen "Never say Never". Admitted, starting over, so to speak, I wasn't ready for a Perazzi, or other higher grade simply due to price. Having sold the Broadway I considered repurchasing another, however two things affected the move to an XT (beyond price): the advantage of newer technology specifically as it relates to improvements (adjustable comb, higher rib for heat distortion reasons etc) and, that they are simply making them better due to improved machining improvements.

I posed this question about returning to a Broadway to Karl McNight - a great gunsmith in Utah. He explained that back in the day "hand made" carried the day. Well, they had to fit everything because C&C technology was not available. When I shot you couldn't go to Trapshooters buy/sell and find a stock, or barrel to interchange with your current gun...you can now. Browning has always been considered a high quality firearm. That has not changed and I noted today that beyond smaller guage models you will pay more for a modern mass produced Browning than an older Belgian produced model.. Shoot well Will; you've got the equipment to do so.

· Registered
13,507 Posts
Do folks like the XT (or CXT?) over the 725? All this talk has me looking at them.
The XT is a discontinued line of shotguns. It may be possible? to find a new one around maybe?

The CXT has a blued receiver. Bluing wears off rather quickly if you carry your shotgun by the receiver. The silver nitrate coated 725 is a much much more durable finish. It will last for decades. Bluing will not hold up very long. Especially if you carry your gun around by the receiver. Both shotguns have the same barrel, so it makes no difference which shotgun you buy, other than higher bling factor, and finish on the 725. Pick the one you like the best and forgetaboutit. break em all Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.