Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its one of two things. 1. Worn out firing pins 2. are you opening the gun completly to recock it. Thats the problems I have with mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
could just be dirty. try removing the firing pins and cleaning the pins and bores very carefully. you may also want to polish your firing pins so they slide more easily in their bores. with these guns as time goes on and the hammer faces get a little worn where they strike the pins you can get light hits. another thing to consider is the hammer springs themselves could be a little tired. im pretty sure you can find a source for heavier hammer springs as well. Hope this helps.
Jimmy

·
Registered
74 Posts
if the aforementioned doesnt work try the browning replacement longer bottom firing pin part number B1334157
Jimmy

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
Jimmy has the hot part no for the lower firing pin. Also, use the Wolff Extra power mainspring, no.30217. Use this spring for the right, or lower hammer. Save the other one, they come in packs of two, for a later service.

Make sure the firing pin channel is clean and free of burrs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a simaliar problem with mine in that the trigger pulls VERY hard or not at all. You have to open the gun and try again.

Very fustrating.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
sakoboomer - you need a gunsmith - if you haven't taken the buttstock off or haven't looked at a schematic of your gun you really need to take it to someone who understands how the gun works. I will tell you the gun should not do this.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Give it to a competent smith.. my older XT mis fired on occassion. My smithy took the gun from me after he noticed a mis fire. Disappeared with it in his trailer for 20 minutes and whatever he did worked.. The gun hasn't missed a beat since. It'll fire anything I put in there.... even mis fired shells from a Perazzi....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.