Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Citori shooters on our forum shooting release triggers, and if so, who did your trigger work? Also other RT shooters input appreciated too.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Spears did the double releases on both my Citoris. One is an XT and the other is a 525 Sporting Clays. No problems whatsoever.

Easystreet

·
Vendor
1,628 Posts
hi southpaw, i can install releases in your browning. single release is on sale for $200.00 delivered to the lower 48 states, double release is $400.00 delivered to the lower 48 states.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=browningxtreleasepull001.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>
right side.

thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 [email protected]

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Doug,

Nice looking work. I'm trying to remember whether the Spears releases have that small plate under the release hook like yours, and I'm too lazy to pull the stock off one of my Citoris to find out. Do you happen to know if Spears uses a similar plate?

Another question comparing your work to Spears. Do you have to remove about the same amount of wood (as Spears) to accomodate the release parts or do you have to remove a little more?

Thanks,

Easystreet

·
Vendor
1,628 Posts
hi easy street, if i recall correctly spears taps the frame and screws the hook directly to the framd without the mounting plate i use, ( bruce bowens design).
i might take just a little more wood out than spears does. it is very simular. doug

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Doug,

Thanks. I couldn't recall seeing that mounting plate on the Spears work I've had done, but I've been known to forget things before. LOL.

Glad to know that you are doing double releases on Citoris for $400 shipped. That saves about $100 (last time I checked) compared to Spears and I'm always looking for ways to save money and still get quality work done. I'll keep you in mind the next time I have need for some release trigger work.

Easystreet

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dean at Skeet's Gun Shop in Okla. put his double release in my Ultra XS last July @ $390. His work is very good looking and he inlets the frame a little to accomodate the hook mounting plates and reduce wood removal. Doug Hubbard's version shown above looks pretty nice as well.

Larry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.