Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on Joel Etchens site and under new brownings it sounded like the XT was being phased out. Is this true? mike

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I can't answer your question but you might want to try the 725 Trap. It's way nicer then I ever imagined, especially considering the price.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I read the JE site and I didn't gather that. I doubt they would in the near future judging from the popularity of the gun but I don't know. The " '25 " series has been around for a long time as well as the XT. I guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was just on Etchen's website and agree. It sounds like they are discontinued. Look at the area for new Brownings. Darn shame but the new 725 sure looks like a good replacement.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This would be sad news. The Browning XT is a great gun with very little recoil. Hits very hard. I borrowed mine to 10 or 12 persons to try and all of them bought XT's after trying it. I may have to buy another one right away for a spare.

Primedust

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
A lot of guys have come down to the Metro pattern board when I've been there to check on the performance of their Browning XT's. All the ones I saw tested shot dead straight horizontally and reasonably vertically. I don't know any other gun I could say that about except maybe 870's.

Neil

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
What are people seeing on the Etchen site that I'm not? XTs for sale, 725s for sale. What gives the impression that the XT is being discontinued?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Browning over/under Trap gun XT model with silver engraved sides and upgraded wood with Monte Carlo or straight stock (adjustable)
VERY FEW REMAIN BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOREVER!

From the JE site.
Mark

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
The XT's and the XS are still in Brownings catalog.

Looks to me, the only one not being offered anymore is the XT Trap with the silver engraved sides. Thats a JE special, not a factory Browning.

Wayne

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think it's highly unlikely that Browning would cancel the XT; too big a seller. They're just going to have to establish a price point with the 725 so they don't directly compete. The Cynergy, however, is probably a goner at some time in the near future.
John

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is all that is listed on the new Browning website;
SHOTGUNS
Maxus INFO
A5 INFO
725 Citori INFO
Citori INFO
Cynergy INFO
BPS INFO
Gold INFO
Silver INFO
BT-99 INFO
A-Bolt INFO

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
The XT is a Citori. Click on Citori INFO, and scroll down to see the XT listed. (see link) Mark

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Yes, the XT will soon be gone. It will be replaced by a cheaper version with plain wood and blued receiver for $500 less than current models.

That said, we just got in a bunch of left hand Browning 725 Traps in various configurations. PM for price and availability!!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
When Browning discontinues a model it's not unusual for them to push out their remaining inventory to their dealers at a deep discount. Look for some deals on new XT's.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The word on the street that I've heard is basically what dawg has said. Too bad in a way. If the replacement is as nice as the older Citori Special Trap Edition should be nice.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

I emailed Guns Unlimited Omaha who handles lots of Brownings.

They confirmed that the Citori XT is being discontinued.

The 725 is the replacement.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Here is something to consider. Has anyone had release triggers installed in the new 725? If so, what was the cost?

Browning should realize that the XT is a trap gun that is easily converted to release triggers and even easier to convert back to pull triggers. If the 725 isn't easily converted to release triggers, then a lot of trap shooters will have nothing to do with it.

Easystreet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts