Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a used Browning Citori Trap with 30" barrels. It does have Invector chokes so I figured it would be a versitle gun for beginning some doubles this year and my occassional round of sporting clays. But what about singles? Am I handicapping myself with the shorter 30" barrels?
And can Midas Invector Plus Chokes be used in an Invector choked gun?

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Your choke tube question is answered correctly.

For the handicap question, Leo used 30" pipes for singles and it didn't appear to be much of a setback.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
30" barrels are not a problem.
I've owned Citoris with 30" barrels and with 32" barrels.
I actually prefer the 30" barrels.

·
Banned
197 Posts
It's not the 30, 32, 34" or whatever, it's the 6" between the ears that count.
What he said. Some gun features may be better suited for some people than they are for others, but I honestly believe that most people can make most any gun work just as long as they have their mental game together.

There are more than a few shooters out there that have completely custom fitted guns and still don't shoot all that well and then there are just as many shooters that bought their guns off the rack and put up great scores consistently. It's all in your head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an XT with 30" barrels that I use for doubles. It points quicker than my Ljutic's 34" barrel and I see that as an advantage for doubles, sporting and skeet. If it is the only gun that you shoot, I think that you'd adjust to the barrel length. I shot a round of singles with it but didn't do quite as well as with my Ljutic because I overswung a little bit, but if its the only gun that you plan on shooting, it should be fine.
Does it have an adjustable comb?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the replies. I was high bidder on the gun today and spent less than I was willing so I feel good about it. It will be the only gun I shoot so I think I'll be fine with the 30" barrels. I currently shoot a Browning BPS trap and it has a 30" barrel as well. The Citori has a monte carlo stock which typically fits me well. I figure I can have Rod's Custom Stocks do an adjustable comb later if necessary.

And like gbanker said it's the 6" between my ears that's most important anyway. Looking forward to improving those 6" with my new to me Citori!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts