Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Citori Plus.
I am fiddling with the POI but it seems to shoot "FLAT" unless I really jack up the comb where the rib is more like a ramp.
I lowered the front of the rib as low as I think it will go, and have the back raided as high as it will go.
What are other owners of the Citori Plus POI at?

see picture attached. This is the front rib and the placement I have it.
Thanx
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just purchased a Citori Plus.
I am fiddling with the POI but it seems to shoot "FLAT" unless I really jack up the comb where the rib is more like a ramp.
I lowered the front of the rib as low as I think it will go, and have the back raided as high as it will go.
What are other owners of the Citori Plus POI at?

see picture attached. This is the front rib and the placement I have it.
Thanx
Mike
How many inches high does it shoot (and at what yardage)?
How high in inches do you want it to shoot (and at what yardage)?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Stack your beads and shoot a pattern at 30 - 35 yards from a solid rest and see where it is, go from there, comb up and front of rib down = center of pattern up ( shooting higher ) comb down and front of rib up = center of pattern down ( flatter shooting ) once you find the sweet spot lock it down and don't touch it, smokem hard

Reactions: arnold55

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Stack your beads and shoot a pattern at 30 - 35 yards from a solid rest and see where it is, go from there, comb up and front of rib down = center of pattern up ( shooting higher ) comb down and front of rib up = center of pattern down ( flatter shooting ) once you find the sweet spot lock it down and don't touch it, smokem hard
Why stack his beads?
Wouldn't he rather find out where it shoots for him how he mounts?

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,569 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,569 Posts
Just a thought and maybe a quick way to mess up a perfectly fine firearm but.....let's pretend that you pull the rib, cut the front post down, set rib back over it to give you the location of new holes and drill them out.

BEFORE

Product Metal Cylinder

AND AFTER...

Product Metal

I'm in no way a gunsmith and not familiar with this gun but looking at it makes me think it would be a pretty straight forward mod and would be pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx all!
My question is..
People that own, owned or have experience with the Citori Plus.
I know how to set the POI!
I'm say'n this gun with the front rib "down", the back "rib" up, with my face on the "adjusted comb" with "stacked beads) at 12 yards appears to be shooting "flat!"
What is you experience with this gun!

But...
thanx for all the tips!
mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a thought and maybe a quick way to mess up a perfectly fine firearm but.....let's pretend that you pull the rib, cut the front post down, set rib back over it to give you the location of new holes and drill them out.

BEFORE

View attachment 1604669

AND AFTER...

View attachment 1604667

I'm in no way a gunsmith and not familiar with this gun but looking at it makes me think it would be a pretty straight forward mod and would be pretty simple.
Let me post a front view....it appears the front rib is bottomed out..
Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

BEFORE

View attachment 1604669

AND AFTER...

View attachment 1604667

Thats what i'm thinking!!!
thanx
mike

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,569 Posts
picture
look how much more of the post on the barrel is left that it could go down if it would go down.
mike
Here is a profile with the front rib all the way down...(back up)
it just looks wrong to me!
mike
Agreed, doesn't look right.

This may be a lot more involved than what my simple mind is seeing from the outside. I would also be concerned with heating the front post during cutting to the point of weakening the solder? Maybe someone else out there in ts.com land has some experience or better insight.

Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal
Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal

Metal Steel

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.