Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for an O/U and was looking at a couple Browning Citori Plus used guns today. I don't know anything about the recoil system. I like the high adj rib. What should I be looking for in regards to the condition of the recoil system and does anyone work on them if need be?
Thanks,
Doug Allison

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am in the market for an O/U and was looking at a couple Browning Citori Plus used guns today. I don't know anything about the recoil system. I like the high adj rib. What should I be looking for in regards to the condition of the recoil system and does anyone work on them if need be?
Thanks,
Doug Allison

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are very simple to repair,but if you need parts they may have to be made You can always replace it with another type if you have to.I have not hand any problems in any of ours but one and it was easy to fix at no cost,just a little grinding.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are very simple to repair,but if you need parts they may have to be made You can always replace it with another type if you have to.I have not hand any problems in any of ours but one and it was easy to fix at no cost,just a little grinding.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I believe Stu Wright bought the old tooling from Timney for the replacement recoil units. If not, I'm sure Arts Gun Shop could get you fixed up. They used to be available for around $100

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
The system should compress and you should hear a click. The manual describes it as breaking the recoil into two smaller sections. Mark

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I bought a Timney replacement many years ago and never regretted it. A machinist friend tried to rebuild the original but it was a lost cause. If you can't find a replacemt go to a Gracoil. It WORKS and it's reasoable but not adj. for for LOP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.