Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for experienced Browing Citori owners or gunsmiths---What is required to change the direction of lever opening (for left hand shooter)?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Why change it. It is easier to push than pull the lever. After almost 60 years of pushing I would not want to pull the lever.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree with oletymer.Being a left hand shooter I too find it much easier to push than pull the top latch. and I have been doing it for 25 years.

George Ware

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I shot right handed for more than 50 years but was forced to switch to lefty a couple of years ago. The lever was NOT a problem AT ALL!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With a weakening grip from arthritis, I would think pulling the lever would be easier than pushing however, OLETYMER, and BROWNING BOY ,both of you certainly should be able to talk from experience. Pumps were all I shot 25 years back when I stopped shooting.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
If there is adequate clearance in front of the lever, I think I could change it. Of course, the lever would have to be rotated 180 degrees and it might block some of the rib.

Pat Ireland

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Of all the Perazzi's I have owned , I still think is it is a hassle to push the lever because of the long throw. But it is much nicer on the Krieghoff since the lever throw is much shorter. What is really nice is the Ljutic, Bowen and Seitz plus Alfermann for us lefties. Bill Cole can change his to left hand opening, he did it for me to try. I liked it much better. I shoot all field guns the way they come with no problem.Not much choice there. I asked Bonillas about the Perazzi and he said it could not be done. It can be done, they just don't want to fool with it. Krieghoff built a left hand opening top lever some year's back for a skeet shooter. I would like to know if they can set that up now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.