Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in advance to choose a Citori , Browning says that Citori CX shoots 60/40 high and the CXT shoots 70/30 . Question is if this POI consider buried beads or figure eight beads ? i´m asking it because i like to shoot 70/30 , but seeing a figure eight ! then if it consider buried beads and i raise the comb to see the 8 , it will shoot higer than 60/40 and 70/30 respectively , am i right ? may be 70/30 and 80/20 ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have no idea how they come up with that stuff. I think the only way to really tell how they shoot for you would be to pattern them.

I would imagine the test reports of 60:40 or 70:30 would be with beads stacked in figure 8.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Off sandbags with the beads stacked and barely touching my cxt shoots about 7 inches high at 30 yards. That's measuring from the bullseye to center of the pattern. I cover the "dot"or bullseye with the top bead.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The 60/40 notation seems silly and misleading. Then again so are ported barrels and Browning loves those. Imo the CX line of guns might be better designated low rib, mid rib high rib.

I shoot a CX with adj comb for SC and skeet, shoots about 4" high at 13yds. I like it that way. My trap gun set up is very similar. How the beads stack up I'm not even sure, I'd have to go mount the gun to tell you. When I'm shooting I try to not look at the beads, creates bad habits.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Looking in advance to choose a Citori , Browning says that Citori CX shoots 60/40 high and the CXT shoots 70/30 . Question is if this POI consider buried beads or figure eight beads ? i´m asking it because i like to shoot 70/30 , but seeing a figure eight ! then if it consider buried beads and i raise the comb to see the 8 , it will shoot higer than 60/40 and 70/30 respectively , am i right ? may be 70/30 and 80/20 ?
From the Browning Citori Owners manual: A correct sight picture for trap shooters should have you looking down the rib with the bottom of the front bead resting on the top of the middle bead. This forms a “figure eight” or “stacked” configuration.

·
Sky Buster
4,171 Posts
From the Browning Citori Owners manual: A correct sight picture for trap shooters should have you looking down the rib with the bottom of the front bead resting on the top of the middle bead. This forms a “figure eight” or “stacked” configuration.
I've owned both and both shot about 60/40. 3 inches high at 13 yards

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The CXT I had shot a little high with the beads stacked. Probably about 70/30. I bought it to shoot doubles, but broke some good scores on singles and handicap with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ported barrels are not my like. I suggest you worry about FIT. Stocks differ too so try them out by shooting or just mounting in a gun shop.
CX was our choice. Good luck!
How is the CX for trap? I'm shopping for a new o/u and like the idea a multi-use gun. I still prefer trap but will shoot the other disciplines too. (But mostly trap.) I may lean toward the CXT but curious how the CX works.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I shot my CX mostly for trap, but also dabbled in the other disciplines. I then sold it to a shooting buddy for his primary singles/doubles gun. We have both knocked out a few 25's

If you also dabble in skeet or 5 stand/ SC, the CX is a good choice as it shoots just a bit flatter than the CXT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I shot my CX mostly for trap, but also dabbled in the other disciplines. I then sold it to a shooting buddy for his primary singles/doubles gun. We have both knocked out a few 25's

If you also dabble in skeet or 5 stand/ SC, the CX is a good choice as it shoots just a bit flatter than the CXT.
Good to know. Once upon a time I was a pretty serious trapshooter but mostly dabble these days including in other shooting disciplines. I'm thinking this is a gun I could also take out in the field too.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I use mine for trap and am very happy with it. I could take it to the feild but it is on the heavier side for a feild gun in my opinion. To each there own.

·
Registered
369 Posts
How is the CX for trap? I'm shopping for a new o/u and like the idea a multi-use gun. I still prefer trap but will shoot the other disciplines too. (But mostly trap.) I may lean toward the CXT but curious how the CX works.
It’s what I use and it works great now after Tron put an adjustable comb on it. What I would do or buy one with an adj comb although I think Tron’s hardware is nicer than what browning uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm really digging my CX for shooting trap. I am having to get used to seeing the big white bead when I mount the gun. But I think it's becoming more normal to me with more use

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a CX and trap is pretty much all I shoot. I love it. IN 2 years I have well over 30,000 rounds through it. My option, would be to have a adjustable comb installed so you can center your pattern and adjust your POI to your liking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts