Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I am probably going to buy my son a Citori Crossover as his first competition gun, based on the highly-favorable reviews here (and the gun's highly-favorable price). I have reviewed many, if not all, of the previous posts about this gun, and the question I would like to ask is should I buy the 30- or 32-inch barrel?

Right now, he is shooting exclusively trap with his high school club. (He has been shooting with the club's Remington 1100.) Is the 32" barrel advantageous for trap? Is the 30" more of an "all-around gun" which gives something up in trap capabilities, particularly at handicap range? That was my impression, but I saw where one frequent poster here wrote that 30" was suitable for all disciplines, which I took to mean American, International, skeet, and sporting clays. He's not shooting any other disciplines now, but my hope is that this gun will always come in handy whenever he might want to give those a go in the future.

Please clue me in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Myn has 32s and it swings well for sporting clays I've also shot a friend's that has 30s and I really couldn't notice any difference. Both will work well

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have the 32 and my wife has the 30. If I was planning on a fair amount of it being trap targets, I would likely go 32. I don't know your son's size, I am 6'1" and 275. But then again, prior to cutting the wood for my wife, I shot the 30 to help break it in for her and shot it just as well. So my comments really does not help.

·
Registered
726 Posts
30" will suit him well. I use a modified choke in trap 16-20 and full on 20+ and Jap trap. Skeet choke for skeet which I just tried.
See if a dealer can let him hold each length. I am not into longer is better. Fit and feel is my choice. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi All-

I am probably going to buy my son a Citori Crossover as his first competition gun, based on the highly-favorable reviews here (and the gun's highly-favorable price). I have reviewed many, if not all, of the previous posts about this gun, and the question I would like to ask is should I buy the 30- or 32-inch barrel?

Right now, he is shooting exclusively trap with his high school club. (He has been shooting with the club's Remington 1100.) Is the 32" barrel advantageous for trap? Is the 30" more of an "all-around gun" which gives something up in trap capabilities, particularly at handicap range? That was my impression, but I saw where one frequent poster here wrote that 30" was suitable for all disciplines, which I took to mean American, International, skeet, and sporting clays. He's not shooting any other disciplines now, but my hope is that this gun will always come in handy whenever he might want to give those a go in the future.

Please clue me in. Thanks in advance.
I shoot a 32" for sporting and trap, seems perfect for both.

jack mc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts