Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of frustration with the trigger pull on my new Citori 725 Sporting.
Cold in Alaska so needing gloves and can't feel the trigger reset. Second shot not always there. Is there a mechanical alteration or fix for this or is it just a matter of me getting used to it?
Matison

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 725 has a mechanical trigger - you have to get off it completely or nearly to reset. My bet is with gloves on you are trapping it. Been there with other guns in MT winter league. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Cazadore is right - release the trigger after the 1st. barrel report. Gloves make it hard to do. I have 2, 725's and both triggers are under 4 lb. pull. It sometimes happens to me with no gloves.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I owned a Citori 425 I had to get rid of because I could not consistently get off the second shot. I was not letting off the trigger enough to let it reset. Since then I have not had that problem with a B682, K-80, Perazzi, ASE 90, or Zoli.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies
I too am wondering if I can teach myself to get off the trigger to allow it to reset. Perhaps I just need a different gun. Now I will investigate B682, K-80, Perazzi, ASE 90, or Zoli as a possible alternate. Or, maybe just try harder to get used to it. Never had a selective trigger gun be so difficult.
OTH gloves, cold weather -----?
Just bought some electrically heated glove liners from Venture Heat. Maybe a lighter touch will help?
Thanks for your input.
Matison

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 725 field and have the same problem on fast true pairs in sporting clays and on bunker trap. I've never had this problem with any other gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts