Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
4,776 Posts
You can TRY discussing it with shoot management as behavior that “disrupts the harmony of the shoot”.
That won’t get you any relief however. Your only effective option is to simply not squad with him.
Some people are unable to compete without performance enhancing drugs in their system. Perhaps drug addicts should be in a separate class from people who compete without being under the influence of performance enhancing drugs..??

· Premium Member
609 Posts
I would see what the opinion of the other senior members think. I doubt you are the only one who doesn't care for it.
A friendly "please don't do that" might be all you need.

I personally don't care if someone want's to trash their lungs until it affects me.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Just get on another squad. This brought a big smile to my face, because the Grandpa that thought me to shoot trap chain smoked and shot with one hanging out of the left side of his lip.

· Premium Member
21,561 Posts
We had one of those at Amarillo. He is dead now, but he use to put his still burning butts in the Cantebury speaker.

· Premium Member
15,900 Posts
Saw a guy put into the hospital because of this.

Trap club where I sometimes shoot used buckets for shell collection - one at each position. At the end of the day a kid would collect them all dumping one into the next, into the next. I guess over time unburned bits of powder had accumulated in one of the buckets and when a smoker on the line through his butt into the bucket it went off. Flared like a MoFo and burned his hands and face rather a bit.

Now the club members enjoyed the collected shells for it was a good source of once fired hulls, and this guy was known for trashing them with cigarettes, cigars, and loogies. Guy threatened to sue, but it was pointed out that he was a guest at the club which had a stated 'no smoking' policy. Suit never went anywhere.

· Registered
2,974 Posts
There is currently a guy using a vape product between stations at our club. I’m not sure how this is going to work out. No rule that I can find prohibits smoking/vaping.

I hope it’s not an issue the BoD or I have to deal with. I might be stretching things a bit, but if he doesn’t appear to have the gun under his full control while fiddling with that thing, I might go that route.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry guys- this falls under “Some people worry too much about what the person next to them is doing.”

Safety issues are a different story, but I would be willing to bet the vaper mentioned above isn’t being any more unsafe than when someone puts a box of shells in their vest or checks the wire on a faulty speaker while holding a gun. Next it’ll be “unsafe” to chew gum and hold a gun.

Non-smoker/vaper here, too- I think people get into telling other people what they can/can’t do too much. Like Democrats and gun control, to put it in perspective.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Long gone good old guy trapshooter used to be a chain smoker as was I at one time. He would drop the cigarette on the grass in front of himself while shooting 5 and then have a puff while changing stations. One day he forgot to pick it up and I stomped on that burning little demon! He never squadded with me again but I do miss his company.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Sorry guys- this falls under “Some people worry too much about what the person next to them is doing.”

Safety issues are a different story, but I would be willing to bet the vaper mentioned above isn’t being any more unsafe than when someone puts a box of shells in their vest or checks the wire on a faulty speaker while holding a gun. Next it’ll be “unsafe” to chew gum and hold a gun.

Non-smoker/vaper here, too- I think people get into telling other people what they can/can’t do too much. Like Democrats and gun control, to put it in perspective.
THANK YOU!!!! SAVE ME A RANT!!!
The fact this thread was started shows how narrow minded folks have become. In the'70s '80 and '90s 50 percent of all shooter used some sort of smoke or drink. That's the fact.

· Registered
7,102 Posts
I would shoot at an outdoor range next time if someone is going to be smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
The popular culture has created a name for these kind of people. They are called “Karens”.

· Keystone Shooter
2,681 Posts
The popular culture has created a name for these kind of people. They are called “Karens”.I
Yep! People who like to infringe on personal liberty. If it’s not to their liking or the way they do things then it not good. There is a very simple answer to this. Obviously you know the guy, then don’t go out on the line with him. That simple!

· Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Saw a guy put into the hospital because of this.

Trap club where I sometimes shoot used buckets for shell collection - one at each position. At the end of the day a kid would collect them all dumping one into the next, into the next. I guess over time unburned bits of powder had accumulated in one of the buckets and when a smoker on the line through his butt into the bucket it went off. Flared like a MoFo and burned his hands and face rather a bit.

Now the club members enjoyed the collected shells for it was a good source of once fired hulls, and this guy was know for trashing them with cigarettes, cigars, and loogies. Guy threatened to sue, but it was pointed out that he was a guest at the club which had a stated 'no smoking' policy. Suit never went anywhere.
I'm curious.
At what club did this happen?
I seem to remember something about this from a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.