Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is wanting to purchase a chronograph Need information on brand and model that would be best. Will be checking some reloads desires not the fancist but dependable

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have never used one but I know Competition Electronics makes one that looks nice. I have used a lot of their other products in another hobby (remote control racing) and always had real good success.

·
Registered
899 Posts
For shotshells, I use a Pact model 1 without skyscreens

works well as long as bright sun doesnt shine directly into it

regards

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cabela's...Chrony F1...around $100, no memory, but works great, compact and easy to operate, can be updated...get yourself a decent tri-pod...go shoot...

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Regarding Shooting Software chronographs, I would avoid any company that posts a pressure trace showing a pressure spike of 81,0000 psi,,,,AFTER bullet exit,,,for 5 consecutive shots. Really..

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
For the money, you can't beat the Chrony F1. It's cheap and dependable. I bought one from Midway when it was on sale. It got thrown in the trunk and gets used since it's there. Compared to a few other "More Expensive" units, it does pretty good. It does NOT have a memory or calculator for SD, etc. For simple chronographing of reloads, it's a workhorse.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Midway has a ProCrono Digital Cronograph for $96.99 in this months sale flyer.

Anyone have any experience with this unit?

It's got a 5 Star review from 56 people.

SW

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Me too regarding clayshooter555's post. You can't beat the ProChrino and the digital one from Midway is the way to go since you can add a printer later.

Neil

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Have Prochrono and Crony. Both fine for shotgun, PC has averaging for rifle.

I have no need to spend any more to find the speed of a load. All the computer readouts, bells, lights and whistles are unnecesary for anything I want to do.

Spend your savings on shot and powder.

HM

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have used a Pact for 20 years. Blew up some skyscreens and damaged one sensor when testing slugs and odd loads (wads fly out). They are great on service. CED looks good if you want the PC option, for more $. I made a chart with all entries on Pact, put 8 on a page so I can quickly write results.

JT

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have used a Pact for many years. BEFORE the first shot was fired over it, I made steel shields that I installed in front of both sensors. The first time I let someone besides myself fire a round over it, the front sensor shield stopped 3 pellets from destroying the sensor. Hope this helps.

John

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Cabella's has them at $99.00 and for $119.00 you get one with a 60 shot memory 10 shots at a time and you can add a printer to it. and it comes w/shades.

Just bought one for a friend at Cabella's in West Virginia Exit #10 on I-70.

They also have their Private Label Digital Powder scale for $89.95 w/3 years wrnty

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.