Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Kevin Lewis @ Downrange Mfg.

If all you care about is getting a maybe-accurate reading of the load's speed, use any hobby chrono. If you want a definitely-accurate report of the load's speed and chamber pressure, go to somebody who's set up to provide that info.

MK

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you are set on buying a chrono I would purchase an Ohler. They can be found used on Gun Broker.com.

These are great chronographs. I've had mine for 20 years and still works great. They still support the product even though they don't make it anymore.

Andy P

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
Hands down, the simplest, fastest to learn, chrono for dummies that even you can't goof on. Around a hundred bucks and forget the extras. I love mine
mia_2008_030341.jpg

·
Supporting Vendor
5,700 Posts
ProChronoDigital is a very nice and easy to use piece of equipment. I have a PACT chronograph too but the ProChronoDigital is easier to use so I always end up using it.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
729 Posts
ProChrono can't be beat for want you are wanting to do. It's the offical chronograph of the Bianchi Cup since 1986.

They are available from Midway and other suppliers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
+1 for the ProChrono. Just remember to turn it off when done, as I don't think there's an auto off feature. Funny thing is, they include a spare battery compartment so you're not SOL the next time you take it out after you've left it on. Got mine from Midway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.