Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
The CHROME is an easy strip process,

nickel stripping on the other hand can be hard on the action.

AL

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Al is correct. Reversing the procedure will strip the chrome. Nickel can only be stripped with acid, and if done by a uncompetent shop, can lead to a disaster to the steel.

When I have nickel stripped, I pay to have an employee of the company tending the stripping from start to finish. The cost is $200. I've replated a dozen or so of K-80s, and when they've been stripped, it's been only the nickel.

Talk to Whiz White about stripping nickel at a shop where they bath the parts in acid and walk away, not a pretty sight.

Doug

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Along with watching from start to finish.

A fresh but seasoned Nickel strip is much easier on the steel,

Then one that is NEW and unused, or very old

It pays to ask questions

Al

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Stay away from CraftGuard in Des Moines, IA. They did a pretty good job trying to ruin a brand new Perazzi MX14.

I also have my 27 yard Perazzi in satin chrome. I would never do satin nickle again, only the chrome, if I have a choice. I had satin chrome done by A&A Engraving right here in Rapid City SD.

A&A is the company who does most of the commemoratives you see in the NRA magazines. Very professional, but now VERY busy. The owner, Mark Armstrong, did mine for nothing as a friend thing - he is a superb artist in gun-craft and has built one helluva business doing the same. I'd never impose upon him again, but his work was absolutely outstanding and 100% above any expectations I had.

Here a pic of it:

WW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.