Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys that shoot Berettas.......Is there any real advantage to aftermarket chokes (Muller, Angleport, etc) versus the standard Beretta chokes? Any tangible evidence that they work better than the Beretta chokes?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Mine has the Mobilechoke system and I threw the Beretta choke tubes away as they threw a horrible pattern. I have Trulock and Briley tubes for that gun. I don't know if the newer Optima tubes are better or not. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I think the extended chokes from Beretta and the aftermarket tend to be better from the standpoint of I've found them to be more consistent with the whole spectrum of loads especially when you are just playing with cheap stuff using chilled softer shot...one BIG advantage to an extended for me being clutzy as I am is protecting the end of the barrel from damage..I know if I would have the muzzle hit pavement that the barrel will not take the hit and chokes are expendable and cheap compared to a barrel

·
Registered
649 Posts
In my mobil choke barrel Briley and Wrights put out better patterns on paper. Briley was better with 1 1/8 and the Wrights are better with 1 oz.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
When I had a JEG special, it came with the standard Optima chokes and I bought Briley extended chokes. I found that they generally shot tighter for the same constriction. I thought it was a positive change for relatively little money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.