Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooo,..I stumbled on these choke tubes on Ebay,..I " made an offer " of $70 USD for a set of 5 chokes and paid $20 shipping from Sweden. ( Beretta Mobile thread pattern ).
Now these are made from a Swedish manufacturer called CX-Arms..never heard of them,..but the chokes seems too good to pass-up....time will tell.
Well I ordered 2 sets on Friday, one for myself and one for my shooting buddy..and they arrived today by Fed-Ex ( 4 days from Sweden,...unreal )...they look great.
These chokes sell for $350 Euro on their website,..but I guess their dumping them on Ebay ?
I'm not affiliated with this company of course,...just wanted to pass this on,..buyer-be-ware as they say.
I've shared the Ebay Link, and the manufacturers link.

CB7769B8-B813-4656-9AAC-D156F234621C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
eBay - You place your bets, you take your chances. That said, Clustertronix HB Sweden (CX Arms) hasn't got a very big footprint to research. The website isn't very informative.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Kind of curious about the Letters on the top of the chokes. Your chokes all have English letters. Modified in Swedish is Andrad. Also the word improved, translated is forbattrad. So your letters are not in Swedish!!! Mmm

The chokes look nice though. Nice inking with the companies name and so forth on each choke. So they look like they could be a quality choke? Good Luck with them. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
My wife made pretty interesting comment just now......she said "if they were made in china, it would be etched on there somewhere. Nothing gets out of China without national recognition other than COVID-19!"

Sorry for the hijack, but that cracked me up.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
From the web site it sure looks like the cx-arms shotguns are made in turkey.. only one picture shows the country of manufacture (the over/under shotgun).. if the shotguns are made in turkey the choke tubes are probably as well.

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
CX Arms FB page shows a couple videos of making chokes, apparently the Billman chokes.

In one of the parts bins, as a liner, they have an advert that lists a price for something in Euros, so that leads me to believe that they are not made in Turkey, since Turkey uses the lira. Sweden also does not use the Euro.

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be Italy. Its a bit tough to tell the ethnicity of the employees from the videos, but I'd lean in that direction.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Their made by a company called Clustertronix HB ,....Scroll down to the bottom of their Facebook page where they are machining the chokes,. seems well done,...I don't know what language they are speaking but definitely not speaking Italian, I would guess Turkish ?

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
Clustertronix is CX Arms, based in Sweden.

You must have better speakers than I do, I don't hear any discernable speaking in that video.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I just ordered 2 sets and made an offer of u$ 80 each and it was accepted and he even combined the shipping.
The price was really good, waiting for the sets to arrive.

eBay item number: 124536444166
eBay item number: 124538658969

waiting for those to arrive and test them on the Bereta 391 and Winchester 101

Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the recommendation
I received the chokes in 4 days ... from Sweden to Canada ...will mic them this week and test them when the weather warms up ... will use them in my Beretta 391

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't sound like Swedes (or Italians) to me.
What are they testing here I wonder? (Seeing if the chokes shoot off the end of the barrel?)
Mike B

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I had some time this morning so I measured my recently purchased chokes with a bore gauge. (Beretta Mobile barrel with .724 bore diameter, measured with bore gauge).....Will shoot them once the weather warms up

F - .684 - 40 thousands
IM - .695 - 29 thousands
M - .706 - 18 thousands
IC - .714 - 10 thousands
C - .724 - 0 thousands

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Do they have notches for a choke wrench. If so how many.

Could assume that they don't since you don't show a wrench.

Jason

Edit: Notches have been a deal breaker for me. They tore up my Tornado and wire brushes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts