Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2B5DD079-9D50-4F72-B968-D2289B1D31E5.jpeg 4C27C650-7496-4853-8B9D-97EDB12A3957.jpeg

Hello,
I bought a used Comp 1 , that has choke tubes installed.
I know that they are not factory, but after market.

One tube has I Mod etched along the side by what looks like one of those engraving pens was used.
The second tune has L F and Lead Shot etched along the side, this one looks like a factory marking.

I do not see any brand markings on either tubes. I think they are Beretta Optima style tubes, based on the threads being 2 3/4” from the bottom of tube.

Just wanting to see if anybody had a better idea about determining tube style.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Being an older model, Briley might have inserted thin wall choke tubes in the barrels. I have a set of Briley 20ga inserts and one of the tubes only says "MOD .610" does not mention Briley. I would suggest you email the pictures to Briley and see if the tubes are made by them.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
My Briley tubes are done that way. Hand done with an electric pencil.
If the threads are "square" (flat across the top). They would be Briley's.

·
Registered
606 Posts
All the tubes that I have, that came from Briley are marked Briley.Lester

·
Registered
675 Posts
The very early Briley thinwalls were only marked with an electric pencil.
I had some that were like that. I think they were made like that about 1980.
Also Briley thinwalls have notches at the top that are smaller than other chokes.
I think only Briley thinwalls have the small notches and the square, shallow threads.

CT

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had some tubes from Moneymaker that where marked with a electric pencil.I am sure Moneymaker did not have the market on electric pencils. Lester

1 - 6 of 6 Posts