Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have this happen? It appears there is not enough clearance between the barrels on this Perazzi O/U for both choke tubes to go in. I can get it started but the tubes obviously rubbing on each other. Guess flush tubes are the only option here?
20210509_144722.jpg
20210509_145110.jpg

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have a set of Briley, backbored Parcours barrels that had to have thinner extended choke tubes, in order to keep them from rubbing.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
It happened to me too.
You'll never get the two muzzle rims stacked even it went in.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Had the same issue with a Perazzi barrel. Very common problem Briley was aware of when making extended chokes. Barrel was threaded with flush chokes originally but when I wanted to have extended chokes made, Stormy told me they would have to make the outside diameter slightly smaller than normal for them to work. They were done perfectly and to this day perform as they should. Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had the same issue with a Perazzi barrel. Very common problem Briley was aware of when making extended chokes. Barrel was threaded with flush chokes originally but when I wanted to have extended chokes made, Stormy told me they would have to make the outside diameter slightly smaller than normal for them to work. They were done perfectly and to this day perform as they should. Good shooting, Rey
This barrel was threaded with S1 thin walls originally but I thought I'd try Comp n Choke for giggles. Guess I have to stick with the thin walls.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts
This barrel was threaded with S1 thin walls originally but I thought I'd try Comp n Choke for giggles. Guess I have to stick with the thin walls.
Why not one flush choke and one extended?

·
Registered
22,722 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
But you see that setup on a lot of international shotguns and some flyer shooting guns.
Often those guns are fixed top, removable bottom, and the shooter uses an extended to protect the muzzles or because it's easier to remove. James Willett's Perazzi is like this-and yes it DOES look a little odd, but if I could shoot like him I wouldn't care.

Michael Diamond's MX8 is a fixed top (I think it's an 11 in Perazzi terms-that is, 44 thou, but I have yet to confirm that) and removable bottom, but he shot a flush choke in the bottom barrel.

Sometimes such guns were marketed as "Double Trap" models, on the assumption that DT shooters would not want a fixed choke for the first target, preferring to adjust between chokes for that

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had the same issue with Briley extended thin walls. They actually sent them to me with the gun they just choked not even checking if they would fit! You may not get them thin enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts