Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just like the old Harley Davidson saying. If you have to ask, you won't understand

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
Just like the old Harley Davidson saying. If you have to ask, you won't understand
Nope. Harley Davidson truism was “If it ain’t leaking it’s out of oil.” They’ve tightened up their wig since then though.

Reactions: Township Chief

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nope. Harley Davidson truism was “If it ain’t leaking it’s out of oil.” They’ve tightened up their wig since then though.
Well I cant argue that because the oldies never needed an old change.

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
Well I cant argue that because the oldies never needed an old change.
In days of old, when nights were cold, and cities were chock full of thieves...

I had a big sheet of cardboard in my living room to catch the 50wt drips. Chain oiler was the most egregious dropper ‘cause I kept things tight and sealed up pretty well. Worked afternoon/evening and Saturday for Austin Motorcycle Company.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
In days of old, when nights were cold, and cities were chock full of thieves...

I had a big sheet of cardboard in my living room to catch the 50wt drips. Chain oiler was the most egregious dropper ‘cause I kept things tight and sealed up pretty well. Worked afternoon/evening and Saturday for Austin Motorcycle Company.
In my early 20s my roommate built a Softtail in our college apartment living room. 2.5 years later it was ready to go...and it did not fit through the door. The amount of grease and oil in the shag carpeting made the pile lay down. I never bothered to ask for the damage deposit back

Reactions: flashmax

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sorry to clutter your forum
Nope there is just a lot of history with the topic every winter. A full choke model 12 is a target crusher...but if it does not fit, thats the issue not the choke. If full chokes were labeled "trap" by the factory they would fly off the shelves and every gun writer would tell us they were the best thing ever made for trap.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Sorry to clutter your forum
Sir, unfortunately it’s a rite of passage here. You have to put up with a certain amount of crap before you are considered worthy. Then everything is OK. Kind of an initiation. Don’t pay any attention to it and keep posting. There is more information here than you can handle. I learned a lot and still do Nearly every day. Hang around.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
When I shoot trap ,which is not often, I shoot a model 12 vent rib fixed full choke . Field grade I was told but it has monte carlo stock .It is a fine shooting gun but it has never fit me correctly. So I was wondering if it was prudent to customize this gun or move to something else. I am hoping to do more shooting this summer since I have a reloader
The choice to spend the money to make it fit vs. Getting something that fits better is a question you have to answer. If you are going to shoot exclusively trap, get a trap gun and try as many as possible....and dont buy one until you shoot it. If you are new to the sport dont drop a ton (in my opinion) because what you think you want and what you really need after 100k targets is different. In any case dont let any quack tell you a loser choke will solve any problem because it wont

Reactions: Cowboy Rick
21 - 40 of 68 Posts