Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Pattern test is more important than numbers in some cases. An IM in my optima barrel Beretta hits the pattern board tighter than a FULL in my Remington. And for reasons I cannot express, the FULL in the same Beretta patterns so very slightly tighter that I found myself counting pellet hits because I could not really see much difference. 1oz #7-1/2 at 1175 fps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I shoot trap ,which is not often, I shoot a model 12 vent rib fixed full choke . Field grade I was told but it has monte carlo stock .It is a fine shooting gun but it has never fit me correctly. So I was wondering if it was prudent to customize this gun or move to something else. I am hoping to do more shooting this summer since I have a reloader

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
When I shoot trap ,which is not often, I shoot a model 12 vent rib fixed full choke . Field grade I was told but it has monte carlo stock .It is a fine shooting gun but it has never fit me correctly. So I was wondering if it was prudent to customize this gun or move to something else. I am hoping to do more shooting this summer since I have a reloader
There's not enough wood in the slender stock to cut the comb on a mod 12.
If you have to put a custom stock you're looking ar at least 2000$.
Also you may benefit from a better trigger and a higher poi.
That's about it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts