Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicago shooting totals for year-end 2020;

All Homicides 792

Shooting Homicides 719

Shot and Wounded 3455

Total Shot 4174

To abate this problem Lori Lightfoot, Chicago mayor, previously proposed cutting $80 million out of the police budget for 2021.

A typical political decision made by a mayor who has no real plan to end this carnage.

Again in 2020 Chicago held the record for being the lethal shooting gallery of Midwest cities..

·
Registered
49 Posts
A little known fact is that 32% of all shooting victims will apply and qualify for "permanent disability" thru social security. Never again working or paying taxes. This becomes a huge burden on society.
Many politicians own law firms who specialize in getting people approved for disability. How they get paid I am not sure.
There also are many "physical therapy" clinics in Chicago which specialize in shooting victims and receive payments thru medicare/Medicaid. The politicians also own these clinics...
There is NO incentive to stop the shootings...the profit margin will take a dip...
Shootings/murder are industry in the big cities...is there a E.T.F. stock fund i can invest in? 😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Excellent points Slammer. Thanks for sharing those thoughts. I believe it’s worth noting at this moment in history that we’re about to enter an era wherein NOBODY ( with the possible exception of white males) will be denied permanent disability benefits. The more people the Biden administration can capture on their Plantation of programs and benefits, the less likely they are to face serious opposition.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Clearly a problem with accuracy. Caused by many factors.
1) lack of range time.
2) Cost and availability of practice ammunition.
3) Technique. i:e trigger jerk due to rapid fire. Leeds on moving targets.
4) etc, etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
You think they would learn to hold their pistol straight up and down and not sideways.

Reactions: Gold Medal

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
ROFLMAO! You got a good point there.

Reactions: 1straightshot

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
A little known fact is that 32% of all shooting victims will apply and qualify for "permanent disability" thru social security. Never again working or paying taxes. This becomes a huge burden on society.
Many politicians own law firms who specialize in getting people approved for disability. How they get paid I am not sure.
There also are many "physical therapy" clinics in Chicago which specialize in shooting victims and receive payments thru medicare/Medicaid. The politicians also own these clinics...
There is NO incentive to stop the shootings...the profit margin will take a dip...
Shootings/murder are industry in the big cities...is there a E.T.F. stock fund i can invest in? 😂😂😂
And I'm betting those shooting victims that qualify for perm disability weren't employed when they were shot and probably never were employed.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Explain how a conservative administration in Chicago would solve the carnage.
Starts at the top. You have a demo mayor. He/she appoints demo leaders like the police chiefs. There are 50 aldermen in Chicago. The vast majority of them are democrat. I'll go out on a limb (sarcasm intended) and say most of the judges are democrats. I'll bet the police would be much more effective if they thought the people I've already mentioned would do their part. Police confront, investigate, and lock offenders up only to see the same people free in no time living it up on their "block". It's the inner city mindset of thugs. No one expects to be held accountable. No one needs a job. No one needs to get out of bed before noon. Chicago's shootings went up 50% last year.

It seems to me that republican mayors and city leaders want and demand law and order. They don't skirt the issues. It's been my experience that conservative judges hand out stiffer sentences. Can you say republican? Step up enforcement. Go after these people. Lock these mopes up for a long time.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
And I'm betting those shooting victims that qualify for perm disability weren't employed when they were shot and probably never were employed.
Sure they were. Drug dealers, pimps, . . .

Reactions: big kahuna

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
For a little while I thought you were talking about Minneapolis. Same piece of shite city run by the same political party.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Drive through there every night. The people drive like insane maniacs so I assume many certainly are literally insane maniacs. Speed limit is 45 on local lanes of I94. I drive 60 and still get my doors smoked off by people weaving in an out of traffic at 80 to 90. No police on the freeway so why not right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts