Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Long arm of Chicago politics is now looking foolish.

The premier shoot is now at the Cardinal Classic. Chicago politics has been defeated.

It must be frustrating to the Chicago gang that they failed to remove the premier ATA shoot from the heartland of trapshooting.

Whatever the BS reason given, the trapshooters can see thru the smoke.

You can relocate the name of a shoot to another area. You can add lipstick but pig is a pig. The premier shoot will always be in the home of trapshooting.

The Cardinal Classic was the only major shoot that showed an increase last year.

The OSTA will tell you they did not do this alone. Jack Fishburn will say the same.

The winners are the the trapshooting community.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
What are you referring to? Your post alone is somewhat rambling without a clear concise message. What is it your announcing?

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some hate that the Cardinal Center was throwing targets before the shoot in the gun hate state. It is a failure put on the backs of Illinois taxpayers.

It is what it is....

The Cardinal Classic is the big shoot in the trapshooting community.

Again, congratulations!

See you in August!

·
Vendor
19,371 Posts
I bet Fishburn appreciates this notoriety.

One of the first laws of selling is that a customer will not buy from you if you run down your industry to pump up yourself.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Where is the best (motel) place to stay for this shoot?

FYI:
Twentieth Grand American held at the South Shore Country Club in Chicago, IL.

Twenty-first Grand American held at the Edgewater Park in Cleveland, OH.

Mark Arie and Frank Troeh finished with the gold and silver medals at the 1920 Antwerp Olympics. Both are Hall of Famers.

Twenty-second Grand American held at the South Shore Country Club in Chicago, IL.

Those were the days!

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Niagara, it is almost the weekend you need to get warrioring

·
Registered
289 Posts
Miketmx I agree with you. The wife and I had plans to check out the Cardinal Center this year but all this BS from the Ohio contingent changed our minds for us. Can't wait to get to the Grand this year.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha Ha EBsurveyor

You know I stay at the Heritage Inn when shooting at the Cardinal Center.

The $29.95 "Trapshooter Special" is ideal for weekend warriors without motorhomes. I stay there for all 3 shoots. Cleanest motel in the state. (419) 589-3333

I leased out my site last year. Gave my site to a family that used to go to Illinois.

Thanks for asking.

Weekend Warrior.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thunder,

You may want to do a daaable check as to where I am from. I understand the hate tho.

The heartland of trapshooting is more than just Ohio.

Don't forget about PA which had a bigger state shoot than Ohio last year.

Weekend Warrior

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Niagara may be a character appearing in Appalachian Outlaws? Or, he lives in Colorado and is ingesting too many brownies.

blade819

·
Registered
4 Posts
These threads have been quite entertaining. But would the ATA bashers join ATA and shoot the required minimum targets to shoot without penalty yardage if they had the Grand in their backyard ?

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Triker,

I am not sure you asked what you think you asked...but I wouldn't shoot to avoid penalty yardage if I couldn't afford the time or money to travel.

It is about supply and demand. The biggest supply of trapshooters are near the Cardinal Center...not at the Illinois/Missouri line.

Weekend Warrior

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Euro,

How did you find this thread?

Thanks for caring.

Will we see you at the Cardinal Classic?

Weekend Warrior.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey ..Miketmx..I know that the Cardinal Center is a long way from AB.I go to Calgary and Edmonton when they have the Canadian there.

The only one that you'll be hurting by not ever going to the Classic in Ohio is yourself...Don't let all this BS and half truths make up your mind...

1 - 20 of 115 Posts