Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reloading cheddite primers for years in aa shell and red dot , with success . They came in a yellow box no designation except 209, yesterday in Cabelas there was a sale on chedditeb209 primers in a blue box with the designation Cheddite 2000. Has any one used them or familiarwith them , it is difficult to find cheddite loading data . Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! there is a sale at Cabelas if you are a vet extra 5% off price is just under $22.00

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Appear to be the same Cheddite primer as the yellow box in loading and function. Not had any issues with the approx, 1000 shells recently loaded and shot using primers from the new packaging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheddite has imported two flavors of primers: CX-1000 (a little cooler than W-209) and CX-2000 (a little hotter than W-209, but not as robust as the F209A or CCI-M).

All that I have ever bought or seen for that matter are the CX-1000, since that is all that Graf's in St. Charles ever stocks. I use the CX-1000s using 18g of Promo in Fedrals 1oz loads of 8. Just smokes the singles birds.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put my first batch to the test today the blue box cheddites seem exactly the same as the yellow box.
AA shells,#8 shot 1 1/8 oz. shot, 17.5 Red dot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Absolutely the same primer, and the new box is prettier!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cheddite claims that the CX1000 primer in the yellow box is their medium power primer, the CX2000 primer in the blue box is their high power primer. I haven't been able to find any load data, much less data that includes chamber pressure figures, where the more powerful CX2000 primer was used. So I can't provide any insight into what the effect of substituting a CX2000 primer for a CX1000 primer would have on loads developed using the CX1000 primer.

Here's a link to the information I found that appears to have been provided by Cheddite:

http://www.chedditeitaly.com/Gestione/uploads/CH_Cat_Comp_En_2c.pdf

The description of the power of the various primers is at the top left corner of the image.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Cheddite claims that the CX1000 primer in the yellow box is their medium power primer, the CX2000 primer in the blue box is their high power primer. I haven't been able to find any load data, much less data that includes chamber pressure figures, where the more powerful CX2000 primer was used. So I can't provide any insight into what the effect of substituting a CX2000 primer for a CX1000 primer would have on loads developed using the CX1000 primer.

Here's a link to the information I found that appears to have been provided by Cheddite:

http://www.chedditeitaly.com/Gestione/uploads/CH_Cat_Comp_En_2c.pdf

The description of the power of the various primers is at the top left corner of the image.
I'd guess from that description, the CX2000 us what we have been using all along. It is what they put in all their pre-primed 12 ga, is designed for all weights of 12 ga. The CX1000 says it's more suitable for 16 and 20 ga loadings and magnum loadings.

Apparently, dusterman2 had the only box that had a 1000 or 2000 designation on them. Mine have never said anything more than 209.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
So today I finally discovered where the yellow box designates which type primer they are. They are indeed cx2000.
Way to go, I missed that. I was looking on the outer box of each case of 1000. It is on the back of each sleeve of 100. Once again, the world of reloading is safe, all started by a rumor heard in an alley somewhere. Whodathunkit.:1augen71::1augen68:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I just checked three sleeves of Cheds that I have and the two from before. All three of my newer ones are blue and every one of them designates cx2000 either on the individual boxes and is some cases, on the outside of the sleeves! ! Furthermore, the yellow boxes all are designated cx2000! It seems duster is the only guy with cx1000 at this time! Tom Rhoads

1 - 15 of 15 Posts