Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would toss this out to the hive, before I spend funds in the wrong area.

I have 16 ga Cheddite hulls and I so far only can find loads that use Cheddite primers? I have plenty of CCI209, W209 and CCI209A primers but no Cheddite 209. Can anyone point me in the right direction for load info. I do have Green Dot, Blue Dot, WSF and Clays powder. I have not settled on what wad I will use.

·
Premium Member
5,843 Posts
Thought I would toss this out to the hive, before I spend funds in the wrong area.

I have 16 ga Cheddite hulls and I so far only can find loads that use Cheddite primers? I have plenty of CCI209, W209 and CCI209A primers but no Cheddite 209. Can anyone point me in the right direction for load info. I do have Green Dot, Blue Dot, WSF and Clays powder. I have not settled on what wad I will use.
What kind/kinds of loads are you wanting to assemble?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There were a few loads using W209 primers in Cheddite hulls in the Yahoo 16 gauge user group database. There were rumours of this database migrating to 24 hour Campfire site.
Can anyone confirm where the 16 gauge User Group database is located now?
Almost all of the data in the Yahoo 16 gauge user group database was attributed to its original source, making it a reliable reference.
There is also the 16ga.com website to consult.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PheasantMaster; 7/8oz load.

Sasbooknut; I'll check those websites out.

BillB; aliant does not list Cheddite hull?

This is for a older Winchester Pump that was given to me by my older Boss/Step dad several years ago.

Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
The 16 Ga. Society has indeed moved to the 24 hour campfire under the reloading section. The reloading data is contained there at the following link. You may need to join up to access it. By the way, the proper primer for a Cheddite hull can be a challenge. Sometimes they use a Cheddite .209 and then you should be able to use a Win 209 or similar but sometimes they have been loaded with some other Euro primers that are oversized but look similar. In that case you will have to use a Rio or other larger sized primer to keep them in the hull. Good luck.

16 GAUGE RELOADING DATA

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Just go to 16 gauge soicety.com . You find all you want there. Claydot is ok. I prefer 19 to 20 20gr of 20/28. 1oz.

Damn Phone keeps change the words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts