Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a picture of checkering with skip-line and large un-checkered diamonds throughout. Like this picture, but with many un-checkered diamonds like the white part. Has anybody seen checkering like that?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Knotlost , I believe your talking about “mother of pearl” that is inlaid into wood like the diamonds in wood on a pool tables rails. Micah easier to inlay than actual pearls.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I've been trying to find a picture of checkering with skip-line and large un-checkered diamonds throughout. Like this picture, but with many un-checkered diamonds like the white part. Has anybody seen checkering like that?

If I understand what you are looking for I think if you drew it out and reached out to the Bartholemeu's (supporting members on here) they could do it for you.

As I see it the diamond you show is just something you drew on the stock to show relative intent. I could be wrong but I don't think the white is an inlay but rather a drawing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I understand what you are looking for I think if you drew it out and reached out to the Bartholemeu's (supporting members on here) they could do it for you.

As I see it the diamond you show is just something you drew on the stock to show relative intent. I could be wrong but I don't think the white is an inlay but rather a drawing.
Thanks, and yes the white part is something I drew on the picture to show what I’m looking for. I didn’t draw the several other diamonds the checkering would have when done.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Thanks, and yes the white part is something I drew on the picture to show what I’m looking for. I didn’t draw the several other diamonds the checkering would have when done.
Hold tight.

@George MT. - Can you help this guy get in touch with the Barthalemeau's - I can't seem to find them. Just in case, most likely, spelled their name wrong the gunsmiths with the brothers.

Thanks George.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hi Ammo Guy,
We don't do any checkering, just metal engraving.
Looks like it would be a beautiful checkering job though!
Good luck,
Char Bartholow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts