Trapshooters Forum banner

Check this stock** Refinishing by** Chris Vendel

6806 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  dale58
I am very pleased with this.. job well done..
Thanks.

We Show & tell everyone that will look or listen.. Charlie Tyler..

Gun Trigger Air gun Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
9,042 Posts
That is some beautiful wood on that beautiful gun. Mighty fine checkering also. Really fine.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Chris is one of the best wood artists in the business. No one can checker like he can.

His work is graceful and functional at very fair prices.

I have the stock to prove it.

· Molon Labe
12,009 Posts
Beautiful

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Here is an example of a stock Chris did for me....

<a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Jerry944T/media/Perazzi002.jpg.html" target="_blank">
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Wood
</a>

· Registered
57 Posts
Besides being an top line wood worker he also an excellent gunsmith with very good turn around time, Chris has helped me out at shoots several times with my 90t taking it home on a Saturday bringing it back on Sunday ready to shoot. Thanks Thom Rogers

PS. he can shoot a little also lol.

· Registered
69 Posts
Jerry944t
Both stocks are really beautiful and I am just amazed by the wood in the second picture. Can you give us some history on that wood and show the entire gun? Just amazing.

Roger

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Mine was Chris, beginning to end. I found the wood from a Turkish vendor who turned out to be reputable and Chris did his thing.

Unfortunately the Perazzi MX 2000 combo will soon be for sale since by deteriorating back makes trap shooting a chore instead of fun.

Here is a picture of the fore-end. Notice the fine line fluir de lis (sp?) checkering that is flawless.

BTW I had asked for standard checkering but Chris decided the wood deserved a fancier job. There was no extra charge for the fancier checkering, that's just the kind of guy that Chris is.

<a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Jerry944T/media/Perazzi004.jpg.html" target="_blank">
Shotgun Muffler
</a>

· Registered
1,194 Posts
I've never met Chris, but I bought a 90-T HPAR from him a few months ago in excellent condition and felt he was fair on the price. He was also great to deal with over the phone. Dale

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.