Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to find out were the best place is to buy leadshot 7 1/2
I am paying 40bucks for 25# of peru coldshot ,is this a good price
I have heard of shooters buying reclamed lead is this cheaper?
thanks JOE

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is a guy in NJ sell reclaimed shot clean and graphite. Looks almost like new shot for $1/ pound. His name is Bob, his number is (732) 608-3529. Hope this help.

Peter

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I live on the West Coast and I can't buy shot for 25 to 28 per bag. If it was it wouyld be either reclaim or Northwest Brand shot. Westcoast brand shot is 40 at retail so I suspect that bulk buying would be in the 37 dollar range. Jeff

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jeff,

I shoot Northwest for $25 per bag and **** Creek in Lincoln has lead for $28.00 a bag for some lead manufactured in Peru. Both are new lead, not reclaimed.

Matt

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
525shooter I will do a cut and paste from my post.

live on the West Coast and I can't buy shot for 25 to 28 per bag. If it was it would be either reclaim or Northwest Brand shot.

You just stated that you buy Northwest shot for 25.00 per bag. That is exactly what I said?

P.S What do you think larry does with all that shot he mines off every gun club in Oregon,Washington and California? HMMMM...Well he owns a company that makes lead shot and he sells shot for 10 dollars to 15.00 per bag less then
Westcoast does?

The reason his shot is so cheap is two fold. number one he gets cheap lead from teh gunclub and makes shot from it. It's nothing but reclaim that has that has been re run through his shot tower.

What you get from Larry is a mix of whatever shot he has scraped off the clubs. It's soft shot and does not put as many pellets in teh pattern as premium shot with high Antimony count. doesn't matter as much at 16 yards, doubles or skeet but shoot a 40 yard pattern and count the holes and you won't shoot it ever again. Jeff

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
$48.00 for 25# bag of West Coast shot at Cabela's in Maine, and I did not buy a pound!! Estate shells for $49.95 a case of 10 boxes, plus Maine sales tax.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jeff,

I understand where Larry gets his lead and how it is made as I have been to his shop. While I understand that his lead supply is from his mining operation, won't you agree that it is still "new" shot since he melts it down and as you stated, "run through his own shot tower"?

The $28.00 per bag that I have is Eagle Shot and that is considered "Magnum" shot.

Matt

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have 13 bags of #8 Northwest shot and 4 bags of 7 1/2 of West Coast Premium for sale. $25 a bag but will not ship--Live in Lewistown, MT
Dave

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.