Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen these at Walmart? I saw them today and bought 4 boxes to try them out. Comes in #7.5 or #8 shots, 1 1/8oz loaded at 1200fps.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Bought some yesterday. Will shoot them in league tonight. I am going to take one of them and one of the 4 pack target loads apart and compare components. Hulls appear the same.

Steve

·
Registered
455 Posts
Bought some yesterday. Will shoot them in league tonight. I am going to take one of them and one of the 4 pack target loads apart and compare components. Hulls appear the same.

Steve
Be looking forward on a review of components as I bought two flats of them myself

·
Banned
818 Posts
I bought 100 boxes of them, (12 flats of 8 each and 4 extra's) hope they are good for something ... We will see, can't beat the price ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shot some Sunday at the club, they smoked targets just like the premium shells. Will buy a lot more when I get back to Wal-Mart. :beerchug:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Also shot em at 16 yds and they smoked targets just like the high dollar ones, didn't get a chance to try 27 but will soon.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Steve
My husband did that. The powder is a slightly different color, but everything else looked the same. He didn't weigh the components. I'll try some on Saturday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have used them for years. They are throw aways, not to be reloaded.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Shot some Sunday at the club, they smoked targets just like the premium shells. Will buy a lot more when I get back to Wal-Mart. :beerchug:

Thats what I did. Bought one flat and they shot well and then went back and bought 5 more flats.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
use them all the time at my place. poof just fine.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Well, they broke them all from the 18 and 22 from the 26. I did pick up a wad and they are the same as their target load.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
That should answer, once and for all, where the Alliant powder is going. It takes just as much nitroglycerin to make promo as green dot.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Stopped by my local Walmart and they don't have them, but do have the Federal 4 paks. Asked the sporting goods guy and he had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully they'll make it to Maryland at some point.

·
Registered
847 Posts
They're in central Indiana, but at the Lawrence walmart they were in the ammo case behind lock and key, so you need to find an associate to get them for you. Good luck with finding someone that's not on their break and is willing to help you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Purchased last week....same load as the 4 packs....great quality for the $$.

One caveat though - more than a few boxes have been short 1-3 individual loads.

Made a copy of the UPC # and lot#. We'll see how Federal responds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts