Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there still a gunsmith around who can convert these guns from the flat v-spring to coil springs for the hammers? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Working on it myself.But The web site above may help. Some of the later numbered guns do have the coil springs for the hammers and the top lever. There are also transition guns with v-spring top lever and coil hammer springs. Check the serial numbers on the page and it may give you what you need.

My Daly is #575xxx and it has the vee spring for the top lever but coil springs on the hammers.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes there is.

Bill Gillette, of Okeechobee, Florida, did mine for me. He also made the bottom barrel a release...........

His cell phone number is:561 371-3685

Tell him Ric says hi...............

Good luck with it.

Ric C.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Jim(The Rock), thank you for the info on the Daly. Very interesting (and sometimes confusing)LOL. I shoot a Daly for doubles and know really nothing about the gun as it does not have any markings as to grade or type. B.C. Mirouko on bottom of receiver and Charles Daly on the barrel. It appears to be a later gun according to the information you provided. My gun has an "S" prefix--S708xxx. It has a monte carlo stock and is not highly engraved.The gun has been sent to Simmons and had a higher rib installed. Full and IM barrels.

I have never removed the stock to check springs, but it appears to have the later ones in the fore arm and flat instead of round one under the barrel. Thanks again for supplying this information. Appreciate it.---Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.