Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new shooter who purchased a used KS5 that has a release trigger. He needs to change it to a pull trigger. What parts are needed and where, other than Kreighoff would one get the sear/hook?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Take the stock off. Knock out the trigger pin. Pull the hook up, and out from inside the trigger slot. Re-install the trigger pin. Adjust trigger set screws, (a, and b) for creep, and poundage. No parts needed. You can hold onto the hook, or sell it. There are some that are looking for the hook on here usually. The hook is "D" in the image, and the pin to remove is right under that line.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Tron,

If the gun has the release hook sear engagement screw (which is accessible through the trigger guard), and you familiarize yourself with how the adjustment screws work by watching it with the stock off, you can do it with the turn of a screw. However, the trigger has to have that extra adjustment screw, and not all of them do. My KS5 "special" had it, but I can't tell for sure if the photo above does. (If my memory serves correct, it's the one Krieghoff expoxies in place from the factory...someone will hopefully correct me if wrong).

Once you use that screw to reduce the sear engagement on the release hook to a sufficient degree, it fails to catch the hammer when set, and the mechanism basically pulls through each time and reverts back to a pull trigger. No need to remove anything. If it's possible on his gun, that's the best way not to lose it...just leave it in.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
If Krieghoff International installed that release, the hex recesses in those screws were drilled out so the screws cannot be adjusted externally.

Ed

·
Registered
133 Posts
Take the stock off. Knock out the trigger pin. Pull the hook up, and out from inside the trigger slot. Re-install the trigger pin. Adjust trigger set screws, (a, and b) for creep, and poundage. No parts needed. You can hold onto the hook, or sell it. There are some that are looking for the hook on here usually. The hook is "D" in the image, and the pin to remove is right under that line.
Hello I was wondering I purchased a Blaser f3 super trap and I need to get the allems release trigger out and set it back to a pull trigger. Just the bottom barrel is set to it. I'd rather not send it back to Blaser cause I'm afraid it'll take months to get back.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
You could call Allem's and find out from the guy who fabricated and installed that release.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts