Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the lower firing pin in my K-80. I can't get it into a service dealer for a few weeks. Anyone can give me instruction on changing the pin out? Thanks,

William

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Not for the Faint at Heart...Best done by Smith..lots of springs,clips and pins to get to were your going.. Good Luck...Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
worse than a swiss watch......wouldn't dare try it. That's 1-800-OTTSVILLE.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know of a gunsmith in the Dallas Fort Worth area who can change my pins out on short notice?

William

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
You have to basically gut the entire receiver, which is all but impossible without the right tools, and if you're asking how to do it, you don't own the right tools. The firing pin block which houses the firing pins is one of the last things to come out of the receiver.

I would suggest you have an annual done at the same time if your gun is close to needing one, it will be just as disassembled to change the pin as it would be to do an annual.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you can't find anyone local send it up to me. I'm in NW Oklahoma and UPS from Dallas is one day. I've got a large stock of parts and can turn it in a day. Don at Krieghoff Int has sent a few to me that we're in a hurry. Larry

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
I have K guns that I do not shoot a lot and have never changed the springs since I only shoot about 2000 rounds a year. The annual IMHO is like the add on service contract on your TV, it's a money maker for the company. When it's broke fix it. Bulge.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I can afford to pay for maintenance. I plan to bring it in for it's 20 year maintenance, if it needs it. HMB

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Skeet2day,

When you change the oil in your car, do you put in new valve springs too? Try working on your reading comprehension skills. HMB

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have changed firing pins in both my K-80 and my Rem 32. With the 32, I went to two piece firing pins. I used one piece firing pins on the K-80. ( I have not seen Two piece firing oins for the K-80) K-80 manuals seem hard to find, but you can find a Rem 32 manusl, and changing the firing pins is the same.
Bud Wood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.