Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents--how much work is it to change a release/pull trigger to pull/pull? this is on a citori trap.. if a good gunsmith were to do the job--how much would you expect to pay--what do you think. John Ellis

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd think you should be able to find left-over parts to go back to pull-pull. Or contact Phillip's Gunsmithing for good work. $275 per trigger at last check.
dju

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I would agree on having Phillips do it but I don't think it will cost near that much to go back to pull. I'm thinking less than $100.

Phillip Crenwelge<br>
314A W. LENNON DR.<br>
#223<br>
EMORY , TX 75440<br>
Phone: 210-313-5988<br>
E-Mail: [email protected]<br>

·
Registered
613 Posts
I agree with posts recommending using a qualified gunsmith, Phillips is good. I see posts with people wanting to do their own work on triggers, No way. I would never allow anyone other than a competent trigger smith to do trigger work.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If you can change a light bulb, you should be able to remove the release hook on a Citori to change it back to a pull trigger. It's really that simple.

Remove the buttstock. Then look at the trigger. You should see the hook attached to the side of the frame by means of one single screw. If you can operate a screwdriver, you can remove that screw.

After removal, place the hook and the screw in a small bag and save it for later in case you or someone else ever wants to convert it back to a release trigger.

Now, instead of sending the gun off to a gunsmith and paying him $100 to do it plus another $75 in shipping charges, just send me $50 and we'll call it even.

Easystreet

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Also not familiar with Brownings but am familiar with Perazzi and K-80 triggers. You need a gunsmith that's qualified to work on those triggers. Only an idiot would try to do it their self.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The OP (John Ellis) clearly stated that the gun he was inquiring about was a "Citori trap". No one should assume that a K-80 or Perazzi has the same trigger works as a Citori. The BT-99 is totally different also.

Easystreet

·
Sky Buster
4,031 Posts
The "poor man's way to do it is to remove the stock and
using a dremel tool with a cut-off wheel, simply cut the hook
in half. It will now only work as a pull trigger. The down side
is that the change is permanent. No going back.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
When the lawyers learn someone has done work that should have been done by someone qualified in that type of work and something happens (even after you sell the gun) they smile from ear to ear and open a new bank account.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts