Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My champion targets (90 count box) from Walmart came with only the dome painted orange. The rims were black. Why weren't they all orange like the bigger boxes (135 count) that I normally buy at the local gun shop?

·
Registered
531 Posts
They save .000000000000000000000001 cents that way LOL
I was at a sporting clays Champions shoot last weekend and as I was walking the stations I too noticed some were all painted orange...some were orange with black lip and some were orange dome with black lip and belly....GO FIGURE

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
I love the black rimmed targets. Haven't seen them for almost 5 years.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I love the black rimmed targets. Haven't seen them for almost 5 years.
I don't understand why the targets thrown here are not at minimum, New York style Targets. So much easier to see, no matter the background or skyline. The dark rim takes over while in front of a light background, and the color takes over with the dark background. Especially if intermittent light shades are in the background.

Only time solid color targets should be thrown would be at night under the lights, IMO. Otherwise bright sunshine makes that florescent color to bright for my eyes, with a light background especially.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
We have gone to shooting all New York style targets. I just got through unloading 16 pallets of White Flyer targets last week. We throw them day and night, but we have good lighting.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Stl Flyn, I haven't seen them because all we can get over here in South Africa are the International all-orange targets from Europe.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I understand that. Here we have a choice, but nobody likes change. Just another excuse when they would miss anyways, but I wish they would at least be open to try them.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
These tired 74 year old eyes need all the help they can get, give me solid (color) orange for day--white for night--- every\any day\background. Have seen but never shot green or black. Ross Puls

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
These tired 74 year old eyes need all the help they can get, give me solid (color) orange for day--white for night--- every\any day\background. Have seen but never shot green or black. Ross Puls
ross, I went to the new mexico state shoot in Alamogordo one year, we shot black targets against a very blue background, best I've shot in a while.

jack mc

·
Registered
33,580 Posts
I wonder if any shooters are familiar with solid black targets that were thrown back in the day?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It is great to shoot all orange targets at about 7PM when the sun is starting to set on a partly cloudy day and the clouds have kind of an orange tint from the sun. It is kind of equivalent to shooting blind folded or shooting black targets at night. The score is about the same.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It is great to shoot all orange targets at about 7PM when the sun is starting to set on a partly cloudy day and the clouds have kind of an orange tint from the sun. It is kind of equivalent to shooting blind folded or shooting black targets at night. The score is about the same.
What you actually want to see the targets....USE THE FORCE YOUNG LUKE!;)

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Used to love shooting the black targets against a sky background years ago at Harold's club in Sparks Nevada. Absolute best target smoke Bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts