Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me trying to wipe rain from shooting glasses makes it worse. What about wiping them with chamois?

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Microfiber cloth seems to be the choice for me...you can buy them at Wally World for next to nothing. Keep them in a zip lock bag to keep grit out of the cloth and they work wonders. I get them about 16x16" and cut them in quarters. Toss them or wash them they are cheap.

Bob

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to clarify, I'm not looking for something to clean my lens. I'm looking for something for a quick wipe to get the rain off the lens between stations, preferably without removing my glasses from my face.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Why bother? Before you've finished the next station they'll be wet again. My biggest payday shooting came with wind, rain and an error of getting silicone on the bbl. lug so the gun was coming open on every shot. I just ignored it all. Like stupid, brain-dead overcomes all. LOL!

Buz

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I use a small piece of standard car chamois...buy one at Shucks or wherever and cut it to size.

You'll get enough to hand out to 5 or 6 buddies, and you'll be a hero.

I wipe mine down - actually, all you have to do is pat it on the lens while you're changing posts - a couple times a round, when its really coming down.

helps a LOT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.