Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, great, dig them out. I am interested. Just want to confirm that it is Seminole Chambermate 28 gage to .410. If you ever patterned them, how did they pattern compared to a regular .410?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Yes ...they are a pair of Seminole Chambermates, 28 gauge to .410 bore .

I never patterned them...but I shot several .410 skeet 25 straights with them... (Browning XS Skeet 28 gauge...before I got my 4 bbl set). I shot a tighter choke than with the 28 gauge...full I think. But most don't change chokes.

They are really neat, especially if you need a dedicated light gun.

Teflon tape over the O-rings is a trick I didn't know in the beginning. They stay sealed much longer and cleaner with Teflon tape wrapped over the O-rings.

It seems I was the only one that didn't know about that when I first got them...so I though I would forward the tip to you.

Best regards...Stan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes ...they are a pair of Seminole Chambermates, 28 gauge to .410 bore .

I never patterned them...but I shot several .410 skeet 25 straights with them... (Browning XS Skeet 28 gauge...before I got my 4 bbl set). I shot a tighter choke than with the 28 gauge...full I think. But most don't change chokes.

They are really neat, especially if you need a dedicated light gun.

Teflon tape over the O-rings is a trick I didn't know in the beginning. They stay sealed much longer and cleaner with Teflon tape wrapped over the O-rings.

It seems I was the only one that didn't know about that when I first got them...so I though I would forward the tip to you.

Best regards...Stan

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I don't blame you for asking, but they are worth "more" now than when they were new.

Another great product that isn't made anymore...

To be honest I may regret selling them at all, as I reconsider it...with grandkids coming up.. ....but will stand by it, since I made the offer.

Best regards..Stan..

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
By the way JMN....I don't want you to think I would gouge a fellow shooter.

I couldn't get them for $240 either.

They haven't been available at any price for a long time.

I don't remember exactly what I paid for them from another individual, except that it was close to $300 as well. Seems like it was $285 plus shipping and ins., or something close to that....

All the best ...Stan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way JMN....I don't want you to think I would gouge a fellow shooter.

I couldn't get them for $240 either.

They haven't been available at any price for a long time.

I don't remember exactly what I paid for them from another individual, except that it was close to $300 as well. Seems like it was $285 plus shipping and ins., or something close to that....

All the best ...Stan

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've got a pair of the long ones, 12 to .410, with instructions and lube, need O-rings, and can't find the removal tool.
Used once , killed 5 boxbirds with 3" 7.5, and never used since.
Will ship anywhere in lower 48 for $325.00 PM if interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a pair of the long ones, 12 to .410, with instructions and lube, need O-rings, and can't find the removal tool.
Used once , killed 5 boxbirds with 3" 7.5, and never used since.
Will ship anywhere in lower 48 for $325.00 PM if interested.
I really wanted 28 gage to. 410.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The check is on it's way and I think I have successfully deleted my personal information. I look forward to receiving the Chamber Mates and trying them out. Regards, Jim.

Ok Jim..and thank you.

..but could you delete post #12 also please.

Best regards...Stan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok Jim..and thank you.

..but could you delete post #12 also please.

Best regards...Stan
I am not very skilled at these chat rooms but I believe that I have deleted post 12. If you can still see it let me know how to get rid of it. I look forward to getting the Chamber Mates. I patterned my .410 before I sold it so I can compare patterns.
Regards, Jim.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts