926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg

Cabelas Grand Opening today in Ottawa, Ontario
On the floor- 3 skids of Challenger 1 oz Taget Loads $62.90. 7.5/8/9 shot

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Is that a deal there? I get Estate 1 or 1 1/8 oz at Walmart all you can eat for 5.48 a go.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Challenger makes good shells. Leo Harrison shot Challengers at one time in his career.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a great deal here in Canada,.....It takes approx $1.35 Canadian to buy $1 American dollar.
So,... even though Challengers are made here in Canada we are paying through the nose....Everything here is much more expensive unfortunately.

Buy while it lasts

Here is an example of more\less best retail ammo prices in Canada - LINK: TheGunDealer

·
Registered
714 Posts
Challengers are great shells and I have shot them for years. $62.90 is a great price. As normal with Cabelas, Sail and all the rest of the big stores the normal retail price they list them at is BS. The regular price is about $70 Canadian or less sometimes. When I see Winchester AA's advertised at $125 Canadian, plus tax I walk away as I know we are being ripped off.
Devonian.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I buy topguns @ lawry's for $68.50/case. I've had the best luck with those.
In my experiences I'll never go back to challenger shells; at least 2 shells in every box were FTF, waste of money in my case. Anyone shoot Winchester super target? What're they like?

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Asked the customer service person at the opening if they sell reloading components. Big resounding "No". At the price of their shells, I can see why. I'll continue to make the annual 6 hour drive to Hummason's and support a local who supports the T/S community here in Ontario. Cabela's new "BIG BOX" yuppie fantasyland didn't do much for me.............A lot of the pricing there was ridiculous.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Our club brings in a target order every year from Lawry's or Hummason, so members order components with the order,... a great way to avoid driving down (5 hrs), but I do stop in when I'm in the area.
Canadians are taking a huge hit with the exchange rate, powder/shot prices are ridiculous....I purchase components when in Penn at CAC if I'm that way.
But Cabela's sale prices on ammo are good when on sale, ..regular retail is delusionally high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts