Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a good deal on some shells (Aguila)and had a couple no fires so I made a claim. I sent in pics and the product codes and they promptly declined my claim due to a my firing pin. Funny thing I shot just as many AAs and Remingtons and never had no fire.
How hard is it to replace my firing pins I'm pretty mechanical so if there's a manual or some thing I could review.
20200309_092721.jpg

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Had a friend who's Ceasar broke a firing pin, Ceasar will not send parts even tho changing a firing pin is as easy as popping a top on a beer can, he had to send his gun in for this service,, He missed the Iowa state shoot cuz of this,,,, Looks like a dud shell to me

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Some of these cheap shells have steel primer cups. Not the part holding the primer (those are steel on most shells) but the actual primer cup itself. (See arrow in photo) The shell in the photo is a RIO Elite. A friend bought some and had the same problem you are having. I won't buy shells if I know the primer cup is steel. Could you check the cup in yours with a small magnet? If so I will avoid the Aguila. Thanks.

DSC_0002.jpeg

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think anything is wrong with your firing pin, looks like a dud shell to me. When I had a pin break the tip the strikes were very light, not like yours. I have two CG summits and had a pin break 2 years ago and was sent a replacement by CG, didn't have to send the gun to them. Dawson's Enterprises is a CG dealer and carries parts, but don't know if they will ship replacement parts.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Just switch to Remington Gun Club (when available :)). The primer cup on ALL the Remington target loads is BRASS! Gun Club, American Clay & Field, STS, Nitro27. In fact the primers are all the same in all these loads.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Had a friend who's Ceasar broke a firing pin, Ceasar will not send parts even tho changing a firing pin is as easy as popping a top on a beer can, he had to send his gun in for this service,, He missed the Iowa state shoot cuz of this,,,, Looks like a dud shell to me
At our state shoot and any winter chain shoot if we have three shotgun vendors, one of them will be a CG certified vendor that can do the annual service or any other repair that CG will do when you send them the gun for repairs. So call the trap clubs that have the traffic to support vendors and see who is there and if they can service the shotgun?

If you where in Arizona, Doug Grey is at Tucson Trap and Skeet and can do the annual or more.

Reactions: FlynLiver

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Big Az Al,,, this happened to my friend in Illinois , but thanks for the info
At our state shoot and any winter chain shoot if we have three shotgun vendors, one of them will be a CG certified vendor that can do the annual service or any other repair that CG will do when you send them the gun for repairs. So call the trap clubs that have the traffic to support vendors and see who is there and if they can service the shotgun?

If you where in Arizona, Doug Grey is at Tucson Trap and Skeet and can do the annual or more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts