Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got new iPhone 4. What is best case. Prefer cover over screen and water reisitant, if possible....

I got otterbox defender and don't particularly like'
Thanks

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I feel it is very disrespectful for a shooter to have their phone ring on the line or anywhere close. Leave it in the car or at least turn off the ringer

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use a Lifeproof case and turn the ringer off. I have use my phone with ear plugs to listen to music while shooting also.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You have a cell phone jammer? Where did you get one?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I keep mine in my pocket with my ear monitors(ear plugs) pluged in, the only audio is through the monitors. Sometimes I listen to music and at other times I turn the volumne down/off when shooting. Joe

·
Premium Member
19,623 Posts
I leave my phone in the truck. I'm not that big of a big shot to carry my phone to the line. That jammer is a good idea, except for doctors on call. They would be good at funerals and church. I wonder if it can ban texting. We got this 'lady' in church that is texting in church all the time.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Jamming Cell Phones and GPS Equipment is Against the Law

In recent years, the number of websites offering “cell jammers” or similar devices designed to block communications and create a “quiet zone” in vehicles, schools, theaters, restaurants, and other places has increased substantially.

While these devices are marketed under different names, such as signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, they have the same purpose.

We remind and warn consumers that it is a violation of federal law to use a cell jammer or similar devices that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications such as cell phones, police radar, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Despite some marketers’ claims, consumers cannot legally use jammers within the United States, nor can retailers lawfully sell them.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Jamming is seen as property theft, because a private company has purchased the rights to the radio spectrum, and jamming the spectrum is akin to stealing the property the company has purchased. It also represents a safety hazard because jamming blocks all calls in the area, not just the annoying ones. Jamming a signal could block the call of a babysitter frantically trying to contact a parent or a someone trying to call for an ambulance.

Under the U.S. rules, fines for a first offense ca­n range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the government.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good post Joe! Thanks! As an Senior officer at my city Fire Department, I need to keep a cell close for numerious reasons.

HOWEVER I keep mine in my pocket and on vibrate. If it goes off I excuse myself to an acceptable area and conduct the business I need to. I also own my own business and have people working for me, that might need to get ahold of me.

Here is the way I look at it.

If my phone isnt welcome Im not welcome, Just like if my sidearm isn't welcome I will take my business elsewhere.

I cant help those who are rude, but, I would hate to be one of you who has a "pocket jammer" and cost the life of someone. How about a Doctor who is on call? A Swat team member?

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
To show respect for your fellow shooters the truck is the best place for the cell phone when on the line ... If you are expecting a call that could or would be that important you probably shouldn't be at a shoot to begin with ... WPT ... ( YAC) ...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Geez - did grindem actually say he was taking his cell phone to a shoot, or to the trap line? The guy asked a simple question and all he gets back is grief and unrelated comments. How pathetic! Grindem, please check into the Zagg product line...I use their screen protectors on everything and they are fabulous. I believe they make a kit to cover entire iPhones, so check it out. If you buy their product just don't use the rubber squeegee they give you - instead, use a new clean credit card or similar thing without sharp edges. PM me if you want more detailed instructions. I hope this helps a bit. BTW you might pick their product up for less at a local retailer rather than via their web site.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Had one go off in the pew behind me in church recently.

I turned around and whispered, "Put it in some Holy water- that will take care of it!"

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
"Geez - did grindem actually say he was taking his cell phone to a shoot, or to the trap line? The guy asked a simple question"

Well IMGRV, actually he started this thread and titled it "cell phone at shoots".

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.