CDC Chief Agrees There’s ‘Perverse’ Economic ‘Incentive’ for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths | Trap Shooters Forum

CDC Chief Agrees There’s ‘Perverse’ Economic ‘Incentive’ for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by PatMiles, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM.

1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

CDC: 'Perverse Incentive' for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths

[​IMG]

United States hospitals have a “perverse” monetary “incentive” to increase their count of coronavirus fatalities, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s director Robert Redfield indicated under questioning from a Republican lawmaker during a House panel hearing on Friday.

Asked to comment on what Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) described as the “perverse incentive” during a hearing by the House Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Dr. Redfield responded:

I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes too, really in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack, but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement.

So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates.

So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure.

According to Congressman Luetkemeyer, Adm. Brett Giroir from the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Department has conceded that there is an economic incentive for hospitals to inflate their coronavirus fatalities.

Giroir “acknowledged that the statistics he is getting from the states are over-inflated,” the Republican lawmakers said.

The admiral testified earlier during Friday’s hearing but was no longer present during Luetkemeyer’s questions about coronavirus deaths.

Across the United States, the seven-day average number of new infections had plateaued as of Thursday evening and even begun to come down in recent days. Meanwhile, new fatalities reported daily, and their seven-day average, continue to go up, but remain below peak levels.

There is a lag of about three weeks or more between infection and death.

As of mid-day Friday, COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) had infected nearly 4.5 million people and killed over 150,000, the Johns Hopkins University tracker revealed.

Follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Easy peasy!

2. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Healthcare IS big business. With a huge US baby boomer population to tap into. The richest group in modern history to exploit.
    The legal think tanks that were hired by medical BOD’s reversed the priority from human compassion and quality healthcare to PROFITS.
    Big pharma controls the physicians priorities and our politicians are complicit.
    Again follow the money regarding C-19.

Leo thanked this.
  3. Shotgun Reloader

Shotgun Reloader Well-Known Member

I know right?

The medical professionals are not to be trusted.

Best you stick with midwives.

4. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Well-Known Member

Lose a patient = lose income !! keep them on any life support you can, so the CEO makes more dollars. I have a cousin that has told me numerous times, there are "things" worse than death. I experienced exactly this with a Sister that recently passed. Went to hosp 21/16... passed 3/28, intensive care most of that time. Coded 4 times. Our Mother was praying for God to take her, there were years of problems, but hosp wanted more! rest in peace Sis.

5. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Well-Known Member

went in 12/16, typo..

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

It is not doctors and nurses running the healthcare industry.

The healthcare in this country accounts for 1/6th of our economy. That is why Obama and the Democrat party wanted to pass government healthcare. Government was not getting “it’s fair share” of the large amounts of money from patients and insurance companies to the hospitals and medical centers, too much tax exempt status stuff going on there. If one is serious about reducing healthcare costs for people why on earth create a tax on medical devices and equipment. Yeah, I know it never went into effect, but it was the thought that counts,

sdive2, TC and Leo thanked this.
  7. DuckNut

DuckNut Well-Known Member

Maybe @Drew Hause would like to comment on how this is not happening as he denounced it previously. Maybe?

What was the word? Yes, conspiracy, that was it.

sdive2 thanked this.
  8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Because of little known laws in Arizona the couple of hospital chains in Phoenix have the right to veto an outlying community building a hospital to compete with them. So when someone in one of those outlying areas needs intensive care they end up in Phoenix which because of the decades long population growth is ten years or more behind in building enough hospitals. Which leads to high hospital usage numbers and the headlines about that. But the bottom line is that the Phoenix hospital corporations are raking in the money. More because of the control they have had of the state health care system then anything else. But using the covid19 scare to really make a profit? You can bet on it! A doctor's livelihood is directly tied to having the right to practice in a hospital. So if the board of directors says "covid19 death" only to be recorded on a death certificate, what can they do? And those death certificates are a profitable gold mine!

Al

sdive2 thanked this.
  9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The Hospitals make big bucks if you die from covid 19 while you are in them ( over 17 grand) . So now, if you die of anything short of "murder" ,you get listed as corona virus. As my grand father always FOLLOW THE MONEY !

Big Az Al and sdive2 thanked this.