Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CBS lead story last night slammed the NJ Gov. Christie administration on the George Washington bridge closing to one lane. They also carried a story on income inequality. There was no coverage whatsoever on the former Defense secretary Robert Gates outing of the Obama administrations flawed policies in Afghanistan in his new book. Christie, presumably the lead GOP candidate for the 2016 run was made to look bad. Fox is the only network I know of that carries all the news. CBS bias in their news coverage or lack of covering stories unfavorable to the Obama administration became more apparent. They also had a story on the anniversary of the Gaby Gifford shooting....OLD NEWS. Liberal BIAS! ed

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
trapperwads, our involvement in Afghanistan is a flawed policy, period, how did that happen!
If you want to watch news unfavorable to Obama, stick with Fox, fair and balanced. They will feed your personal bias.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Johnny....we all have opinions and you have a right to yours. I do watch FOX most of the time. However I am not so closed minded that I don't occasionally turn to another channel for comparison. Fox carried both stories and is currently carrying an update on the Christie allegations of political retribution. Your term of fair and balanced does apply to FOX. I am not certain thet it would apply universally, specifically to CBS and NBC known to be fostering the liberal agenda. ed

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have lived in NJ all of my 68 yrs ( no sympathy, please ) I do not know who is worse as far as retribution, Christie or Lautenberg ( dec) , Do not cross or deny him your support or he will go after you in some fashion. If he was not a candidate for the next election, nobody would give a sh.. . Just another one of the over indulgent ,egotistical, fat cat politicians .

JMO

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
"Your term of fair and balanced does apply to FOX" ha ha ha ha

Not actually my term, it's their motto. There is nothing fair and balanced about Fox. Bias is human nature. That idea that CBS is biased and not Fox clearly demonstrates your bias. Even further, every post you make on this site clearly illuminates your bias.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Johnny, your words' Even further, every post you make on this site clearly illuminates your bias.
Your words would also apply to you. Bulge.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Johnny...you are correct I am biased. Part of my bias is derived from unanswered questions on fast and furious, Bengazi, the Holder DOJ not taking action against black panther hoodlums intimidating voters in Philadelphia, and using the IRS to retaliate against conservative groups in not granting tax exempt status. Christie has fired his man responsible for the bridge incident. Has anyone been fired in any of the government cover-ups aforementioned? Instead, their job titles are switched, they are given time off with pay etc. Just another Obama pat on the back and rewards for a job well done in his favor. ed

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
The Christie story is a ploy for his hour long camera hog act this morning.

Anyone with half a brain can figure out this is a non story being blown up so Fat Boy can make a big puffy speech telling everyone how great he is.

After licking Obama's boots publicly after Hurricane Sandy this is worse than a Rino.

Phuck him.

HM

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Gee, I didn't know the networks still had new shows, when I channel surf all I come across are "talk shows" with maybe a 5 minute "report", I see HOW LIV'S are kept LIV'S if that is what they reference as "news".

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
bulge, Like I said, bias is normal. How many threads do I start ranting about bias in the media? Zero!

trapperwads,

"Has anyone been fired in any of the government cover-ups aforementioned?

Everything is a cover-up, right?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Johnny...we are in agreement that bias is normal...I don't agree that bias is just and right, including my own. I also do not agree that cover-ups are just and right, especially when said cover-ups involve the murders of a border patrol agent and loyal patriotic Americans murdered while serving their country in a foreign land and lies are made up about a video to cover it up. The Obama supporters buy the nonsense rather than admit they made a mistake in voting for that incompetent criminal. ed

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
trapperwads, why are you so obsessed with Obama? If you are so upset with Fast and Furious, you should also be upset with Bush 2 for starting that mess.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gee Whiz Johnny...Just because I have said in the past I wish I could outlive Obama just so I could urinate on his grave...some people like you get the idea I don't like him. Nah...its just about wishing a long life for myself. ed

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Glenn Beck show referred to it as "Fat and Furious" today.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
When someone mentions bias or perceived bias on the part of another. the term that always pops up in my mind is "cognitive dissonance". If you want, you can look up the longer explanation Here .

The shorter explanation is that when someone is exposed to ideas that contradict what they believe in, or want to believe in, it sets up conflict in their belief system. To reduce this conflict they may take many different approaches, one of which is failing to accept the new truth and debunking or attacking it and those who present it.

This thread seems to present many people who are showing the typical signs of cognitive dissonance.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Fox may be biased. But one must ask one self why Fox blows all the other cable news outlets away with regards to ratings. The answer is Fox is different. It is truly the only TV news outlet that gives a voice to the right.

The 2nd reason Fox gets such great ratings is right leaning individuals tend to be more informed and politically aware therefore they watch more news.

Darr

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
I like FOX because of the foxes. I find it's reporting to be informative, and seems to show both sides of a particular story. They at least report all they can, unlike other networks, who report news that fits a particular aggenda. After all, FOX was the first to come forward with the Benghazi debacle. Charlie

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Would Fox exist if the other networks were unbiased?

That's why it came about in the first place.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts